Exocet 200 vs Pheonix?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Youngegunner

Exocet 200 vs Pheonix?

Post by Youngegunner »

Hello everyone,

Im 15 and am new to bowhunting, Im planning on getting a crossbow this christmas and was wondering whether I should get a Exocet 200 and wait a while to get all the goody's or get a Pheonix and get things that I want for it with the money that I saved? Id realy appreciate the help, Ive been looking at different online dealers that were close to my area, SW Ontario, and have found $473 for the Pheonix and $544 for the Exocet 200... is ther anyother Canadian online dealer that has a better deal?

Thanx...Cody spam
TYE

Post by TYE »

Welcome to the forum :)

I'd say get the Phoenix, with all the goodies. The Phoenix will kill anything you want it to kill. the Exocet 200 is just 30 feet per second faster. Is it really worth the extra money?

I'll admit, if I had the money, I'd buy an Exocet 200, but I don't need it. I'm happy with my Phoenix. Speed isn't everything.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm happy with my Phoenix. The Exocet 200 gives a little more velocity, but how often would you really need it? The Phoenix is a little easier to cock, and that might mean a little more shooting. You can't practice too much! :wink:
wabi
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Go with the Pheonix or try to find a used Vixen. The Excaliburs are tough as nails and do not depreciate quickly. A used Vixen may be a good deal and it will do just fine.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
NZ Hunter

Post by NZ Hunter »

Im very happy with my Phoenix, put in the practice, thats what matters.
If it feels good, DO IT.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Cody there is nothing wrong with the pheonix as long as you keep your shots at a respectable distance but that goes without saying for all the bows ( it is not a rifle with 0-50 flat shooting). My brother had the same problem his wife said this is your budget so he wanted the goodies instead of the bigger bow . The only one complaining is the deer for he is out there hunting instead of saving for the next step up in bow`s . He`s got the best of two worlds when he goes moose hunting he just takes my max . Keep your eye on the papers and such there is absolutely nothing wrong with a used vixen . Goodluck
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

the phenix is the way to go , like the other guys said theres nothing it wont kill , i have the regular Exocet it is very similar to the phenix , if you can get a scope on it too you will love it, they are so acurate ,set the scope speed ring the the speed of your bow , then you sight the cross hairs in for 20 yrds and the 30 , 40 , 50 are automaticly done, so sweet, happy hunting
saxman

Post by saxman »

Any of the Excalibur's will Git-R-Dun
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Welcome to the forum youngegunner. I don't have a exocet or phoenix, so I can't comment. But I do have a Exomag and Vixen.

The Exomag is much like the Exocet, being 200 lb. test. I've had complete pass throughs on all my animals using the Vixen and Exomag. Only difference is with the mag, I walk a little further to get my arrow after a pass through.

The only time my arrow stayed in a animal with the Exomag, was when I shot a 3 year old Plains Bison. They have the toughest animal hide in North America.

Grey Owl
Rich

Post by Rich »

My wife has the Phoenix and I have the Exocet, I prefer shooting her Phoenix when just target shooting. It seems to be more accurate and much easier to cock. Only an inch shorter it seems much more compact, If I were buying a new bow, I'd go with the Phoenix.