Mechanical Broadheads with Exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Vince Galipeau

Mechanical Broadheads with Exomax

Post by Vince Galipeau »

Does anyone use Mechanical Spitfire ( No O Rings) broadheads with their Exomax Crossbow? and do you like them? Thanks Vince
Tom

Post by Tom »

There are a few on here that use the spitfire with the Exomax. Someone will come on and give you their knowledge. In an e-mail from the company, they have told me that they tested the spitfires up to 450 FPS (from an air cannon) without any premature openings.

Welcome to the site.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D I use the SPITFIRE 100 PRO cut on contact , have killed 3 since SEPT. none went more than 20 yards, BIG holes and great flight , no tuneing reqd.
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

My son and I have taken six deer with the Exomax and Spitfire 100 yeads this season. In five of the six deer the broadhead performed flawlessly. Entrance holes were about 3/4" in size. Exit wounds were enormous as expected from a 1.5" head. Four of the deer went <30 yards. One went about 80yds after my son hit it thru the shoulder blades breaking one leg. All shots were complete pass throughs.

The sixth deer was different. The impact point was 8" back from where I was aiming and the entrance hole was obviously from a fully open Spitfire. I always make sure the blades are fully closed when I load the arrow, so I don't know what went wrong in this case. There was nothing but clear air between the bow and the deer. I will definitely be doing more testing with the Spitfire heads before I spin them on for next season. With the exception of this one incident, I really like them. :?