Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Orion

RUT

Post by Orion »

Anyone in western PA notice in there area that thre rut has started yet
BOB VANDRISH

RUT

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

There definitely is some activity going on!
I was in the Allegany National Forest,just southwest of Bradford a few days ago,and had a nice six pointer put on a demo that I have never seen before.
He walked right across an old oil road trail right in front of me,with his nose close to the ground and his tail straight out,and he walked back and forth in front of me for about ten minutes even looking straight at me,but too far to shoot.( bow hunting at the time)
He finally came right out on the same road,and looked at me as if to say"who are you?",and went on looking for that doe!!
Sure was a sign that they are looking!!
Bob
Bob Vandrish.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

down here in Va bucks are chasing doe everywhere... its just starting here, but this hot weather killed it for early this week. This weekend should be good
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer . . .that's what I was wanting to hear! I'm headed to Independence, VA tomorrow. If traffic treats me right, then I should enjoy the afternoon hunt!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

The pre-rut has started. The Bucks are chasing the Does. But here anyway, the does are still running from them. The best time to Hunt in my opinion. When the rut hits, the bucks will be locked up with the does in them little out of the way places.