Nature's bounty

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Nature's bounty

Post by wabi »

Went out this evening, but nothing was moving and the rain was coming down harder than I first thought. Spent about an hour in the blind and it was getting so foggy I couldn't see the far end of the field (280 yards) so I decided to pack it in and see what the wife had fixed for supper.
Got home to find she had a venison roast in the oven along with baked potatoes, beets, corn, gravy...... I'm stuffed!
What nature provides sure is good! I feel like Thanksgiving has already been here, and it sure beats a store bought turkey. :wink:
wabi
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

AMEN wabi! I lived a whole 6 months on canned turkey loaf in Vietnam, the other six on canned soybean hotdogs. 30 plus years later I still won't eat TURD-KAY. Who in his right mind would pass up real food for crap. Just my two.....
saxman

Post by saxman »

I agree Wabi
God is good
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I agree Wabi... I garden all summer and freeze and can lots of vegetables. Hunt and fish lots so my freezer is full. I just cotacted a friend who didn't get to hunt much this year and he has freezer room so now maybe I can arrow another nice doe.

For novelty, on occasion I buy a few paks of frozen vegetables in the store. I don't know what they do to remove the flavor but it just tastes bland compared to what we grow.

DrDan
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I thawed a couple of last year's venison roasts, unrolled them and cut all the "unmeat" off, soaked it in milk for 12 hrs and then marinated for a day - tonight we had it on the BBQ along with potatoes, brocolli, carrots and corn. We truly are blessed!

Jodi
maple

Post by maple »

I'm with you there guys!

Got some venison in the freezer this year myself. Actually, I vacuum pack all my meat and the quality of last year's harvest is still excellent.

With all this rain this fall it's been a good time for mushrooms. Found some oyster mushrooms last week and they were delicious. I've still got carrots and parsnips in the garden for stews and such and will leave them there until freeze-up. Butternut squash is in the cold room and two cords of dry maple are stacked close to the house. Just like a chipmunk with a stump full of nuts, I'm all tucked in for the winter.

Good food is one of life's daily pleasures.

Maple