Big Game Stealth Ladderstand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Big Game Stealth Ladderstand

Post by TYE »

Does anyone have one of these? Kind of looking at Ladderstands.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... get=browse

http://www.biggametreestands.com/tree_s ... deluxe.php

I'm afraid of heights, so I'm looking towards something I would feel a bit comfortable in. I seen alot of stands without little rails on the sides like arm rests. I'd be afraid of falling off them.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Tye, my uncle has 4 of them and he loves them. He also has a fear of heights but he uses a full body safety harness and has a rope hanging from each of his stands that goes all the way to the ground. He just slides his ( what's the name of that knot ? per?, ) anyhow, he stays connected to the rope at all times. That's a great price.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
WAB

l have one

Post by WAB »

Tye I have this thing about gravity, anything over 6' forget it. I did bye a 15' ladderstand from basspro in the summer, it is a Remington, they had them on sale for $69.00. Put it up in the bush, and I just love it, I can run up and down ladder and sit in the seat with no fear at all, of course the full body harness helps mentally.
huntman

Post by huntman »

TYE i have one of those and the only thing i dont like about it is its tight!! The railings on the side get in the way when your dressed with all the clothes you need to keep warm. If you hunt with a turkey vest on.. FORGET it you wont be able to get into the pockets. I am not a overly large guy so i dont think thats the problem. I highly highly reccomed the two man bigbuddy ladder stand. 1 guy sitting in that is like a king tons of room and when your comfortable you dont move as much. I have 3 of them and LOVE it!! Its about 70 dollars more then the stealth! Bass pro has it as well
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

raydaughety wrote:Tye, my uncle has 4 of them and he loves them. He also has a fear of heights but he uses a full body safety harness and has a rope hanging from each of his stands that goes all the way to the ground. He just slides his ( what's the name of that knot ? per?, ) anyhow, he stays connected to the rope at all times. That's a great price.
I think the knot you are referring to is the Prussic knot:

http://images.ebsco.com/pob/summit/cata ... russic.pdf
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

That's the knot We bought our harnesses and ropes at the same time. We were at an outdoor expo and got a good deal on them. The hunter safety system harness is great, but I didn't care for the safety strap that goes around the tree so we went to the Summit booth and got the rope kits that are in the photo that mblaney posted. If I don't get any better, I may sell a brand new harness, rope kit, and some 2 man ladder stands, but I'll keep praying to get better.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
sunset

ladder stand

Post by sunset »

I bought the same one made by Gorilla from CTC ($160 on sale). It comes complete with body harness and is easy to assemble. The shooting rail is the perfect height for rifles but you'll find it a little high for crossbows yet when you are standing up, it's in the right place if you venture too far. It is rigid, not hinged etc. There is sufficient clearance during entry and exit...well designed. The arm rests contribute to feeling safe while seated and there's no fear of falling over. All in all I can't say enough good things about this stand, but I know one thing, I'll never go back to using a seat and platform again.
A.W

Post by A.W »

I like the idea of the side rails. I tend to get the nods after a while and don't bounce as well as I used to. I like a wider seat though for comfort.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
hawg hunter

ladder stands

Post by hawg hunter »

The two man model is the best. it may cost a little more but well worth the cost for comfort . who knows one might want to take along some company when your HUNTING?HA HA!