? about exomax dimensions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shurite44

? about exomax dimensions

Post by shurite44 »

I would like an exomax owner to measure the distance of the flight deck from the point the string is held by the trigger mechanism to the point the main frame buts up against the forward prod, the intersection where the prod and the flight deck meet.

So if you had not installed the forward prod, what is the distance from the string retaining device to the end of the rail.

I hope I am clear enough to make sense here.

I have been told my 200# exomag is the same length as the exomax minus the forward limb design of course. I want to check this out to make sure.

Thank you ahead of time for you responses.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Sir it is about 17.5 in.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Thank you
steven in England

Post by steven in England »

shurite44 the draw length for both bows are the same 16.5 inches. Which would be 17.5 inch approx if you measure to end of the flight deck as most people use a 1 inch brace height. The only difference is because the Exomax has a forward angle on its riser the limbs are under more tension than the Mag at rest giving a higher draw weight.
Steven in England
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Good, that is what I thought. Thanks fellows.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

shurite44 the difference as stated is the tilted riser. If you are planing on changing your systems riser, check and make sure they will interchange some will not with out making some minor changes/rework of the tilted riser. I post some pic's on this last year however they are now gone as I have long deleted them from photobucket.

Your 200LB Exomag is the same length on the rail, however some have a wider rail not letting the newer tiled prod fit proper. Be 1/16" too wide for the tilted riser.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I have a new vixen so I can measure the prods. Exactly what do I need to measure? Just the width of the rail and compare it to my new vixen?
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I think my exomag is an 04.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

shurite44 wrote:I have a new vixen so I can measure the prods. Exactly what do I need to measure? Just the width of the rail and compare it to my new vixen?
Width of rail, inside dia. of riser from inside, where the lip is on each side of the riser that slide over the rail locking it in/on for side movement. If your riser off the Phoenix will fit DOWN FLAT, NOT TILTED FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, or RIGHT TO LEFT it will work, IT must set FLAT .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Well while you were posting I went out and compared the rails of my exomag and vixen. They measure the same width. I could just slip the new one on and see how it fits I guess.