Eastman carbon pop-up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mblaney

Eastman carbon pop-up

Post by mblaney »

Can anyone offer some advice on the Eastman Carbon pop up blind? Lebarons has it for $80 but how does it compare to the Doghouse? I also hate shopping at Lebarons :evil: .

I buying the blind for a Christmas present; I think I prefer the Doghouse Mossy Oak (Bass Pro $99 + shipping (US?)) but the Eastman would be a lot less expensive at $80 CAN and no shipping for me.

http://www.eastmanoutfitters.com/blinds.shtml

Cheers,
Mike
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

I first purchased the Undercover LX5 (being 6'4" and my kids wishing to come and see me hunt).

After a hunting trip I had the opportunity to try the Carbon Pop-Up and enjoy it's use for a few days, even if I can stand striaght in it. so I got myself one. I do various types of hunts (games and weapons) so it depends on what I carry in the woods when hicking in.

For this Christmas, I bough for the kids to offer me as a present the Magnum Quick set. It carries on the belt, so I intend to use that one for turkey hunting (when it's not raining) and also when I go hunting (still hunting) for signs and want to check a spot for a while to see if any action.

I don't have or ever tried the Doghouse.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
kev

Post by kev »

mblaney. I bought one this year. Seems they'd sewn the fabric to tight around the door on mine, once up It was a 10 minute ordeal try'n to get it zipped closed all the way. Zipper started to go on the 3-4 entry. Window zippers work fine.

If they have a display model check it out close, make sure the door zipper works nice.

I just bought a like new Double Bull from a board member, you can't even compare the two quality wise. The D.B. is very nice.

Seems alot guy's like there Ameristep Doghouse blinds. Or like wabi said just enter through the window if ya have to.
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

I've been using one for a year now.

Last turkey season a hen walked right out beside the blind without spooking.

They are very easy to set up. I have even set it up without the poles on calm days.

There isn't much room to spare but worth what I paid.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have an Ameristep Outhouse and an Eastman pop-up. The quality of the Ameristep is better, but the Eastman is just as comfortable and easy to set-up and carry. Works well enough for what I do - deer don't seem to be bothered by the blind.

Having said that, I've been busted a few times this year when the deer have been able to see me raise my bow in the blind (it's pretty close to the windows in both blinds) so I'd really LOVE to have a blind with shoot-through mesh.