Well, I tried...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

[quote="TYEI've love to hunt rabbits, but I never done it and nobody I know does hunt them, so I haven't done it.[/quote]

Take your female compadre out with you, get her to run through the bush and chase them bunnies towards you. Could be fun, and your bound to get some tail!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
TYE

Post by TYE »

chris4570 wrote: Take your female compadre out with you, get her to run through the bush and chase them bunnies towards you. Could be fun, and your bound to get some tail!
:lol: :lol:
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I am happy I took the doe second week of season. I still have one more month here in Ohio, we can bait here so all is not lost.

By the way rabbit hunting is a blast, never tried it with a crossbow but with a 12 gauge and a beagle it is hard to beat.
TYE

Post by TYE »

shurite44 wrote:I am happy I took the doe second week of season. I still have one more month here in Ohio, we can bait here so all is not lost.
Next year, any deer I see, is goin' down.
PRB

Post by PRB »

Better luck next year TYE.
Im not sure when your season starts or ends but have you considered turkey hunting ?
Good luck
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
TYE

Post by TYE »

PRB wrote:Better luck next year TYE.
Im not sure when your season starts or ends but have you considered turkey hunting ?
Good luck
Yep I hunt turkeys.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

When I first started hunting 30 years ago, I only hunted for rabbits, grouse, and ducks. It wasn't until five years later that I started hunting for deer. Now, I only hunt deer, since I don't have any place to hunt rabbits or upland game. :cry:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

No luck here either this year! If I had a parcel of meat for every dark morning I dragged myself out of bed to go sit out with my Vixen I'd have a full freezer! LOL I passed up a chance or two earlier in the season - next year I won't be as cocky! :oops:

Around here there is a short season (a week?) for geese in February. Hope to get out for that.

Happy New Year everyone! Been fun hanging out here with you all!
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i know how you feel tye, the only one i saw was shot and lost in the swamp. and to make matters worse didnt see a thing after that. i have seen more going to the hunting club on the side of the road instead at my stand. i am going to go ahead and move my stands for next year season and get both my crossbows ready for archery seasons 07.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

chris4570 wrote:[quote="TYEI've love to hunt rabbits, but I never done it and nobody I know does hunt them, so I haven't done it.
Take your female compadre out with you, get her to run through the bush and chase them bunnies towards you. Could be fun, and your bound to get some tail![/quote]

I'm confused........... did you mean Cottontail? :roll: :roll:

Grey Owl
TYE

Post by TYE »

I spent a few hunts up in this stand.

I nicknamed it "The Couch In The Sky"

Since it's so damn big.

Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Nice stand !!! I could definately fall asleep up there. :lol:
huntertroyjack

Post by huntertroyjack »

Cool ,i feel better knowing i was not the only one that got skunked!!Seen many doe's and turkey's but never got a buck to shoot at.No venison in the freezer,a sad end to a wonderful season,had a great time trying and as long as i am breathing,i will never stop going to the woods to hunt or fish.Better luck next year to all of us who got skunked!
troy
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

SORRY TO HEAR YOUR PROBLEM TYE..I TOOK 3 RACKED BUCKS SO FAR THIS SEASON ALONG WITH 3 HOGS. WE STILL HAVE TWO MORE MONTHS LEFT OF HUNTING SEASON DOWN HERE AND OUR RUT IS NEAR. I'LL GET A COUPLE MORE FOR YOU :lol:
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Tye - I was right there with you before this season. Been hunting archery for many years and never seemed to have that luck of getting a deer in bow range. Hunted HARD with no results. Patience and persistence paid off finally for me and I'm sure you will score if you stick with it. Until then, have fun chasing them Toms this spring.
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH