Pure plain stupidity that killed him

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Post by DrDan »

It probably wasn't anything other than carelessness. Sorry for the man and his family.

DrDan
Last edited by DrDan on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Senseless death, very unfortunate for his family.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

DrDan wrote: Wonder if he set his beer down before lowering the Xbow?
he was probably about to drop his beer so he let go of the rope attached to his bow to save his beer :roll:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

A tragedy indeed. How awful for those who loved him.

Whether the result of poor judgment, an oversight, or a lack of intelligence, it is a sad reminder to all of us that you can't be too careful.

I'll refrain from making any critical comments; I'd say he has paid the ulitmate penalty for that action. I'm just sorry to hear of it. :cry:

Ya'll be careful, and teachers of being careful.
Grizz
motuna

Post by motuna »

I have always had a lot of pride with this forum, but when I hear remarks like ch312 and drdan make it really turns my stomach. for petes sake the man lost his life, a family lost a member and you make a remark like that. I can tell you have never made a bad judgement in your life!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Grizzly Adam wrote:A tragedy indeed. How awful for those who loved him.

Whether the result of poor judgment, an oversight, or a lack of intelligence, it is a sad reminder to all of us that you can't be too careful.

I'll refrain from making any critical comments; I'd say he has paid the ulitmate penalty for that action. I'm just sorry to hear of it. :cry:

Ya'll be careful, and teachers of being careful.

AND
I have always had a lot of pride with this forum, but when I hear remarks like ch312 and drdan make it really turns my stomach. for petes sake the man lost his life, a family lost a member and you make a remark like that. I can tell you have never made a bad judgement in your life!
I agree... making light of a man's death is terrible.

Plus the beer comments just fosters the anti-hunter's ideas that all hunters are a bunch of drunks.

Last edited by Woody Williams on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Tom

Post by Tom »

It is sad that someone lost their life, let alone in a manner like this. Most people would agree with me that one should never look down the flight path of a projectile of a loaded weapon, bow or gun. I always raise or lower my bow by the stock, not the foot sturip, this way the flight path is always pointing away from me towards the ground ...... This is done even though there is not an arrow in the bow.

It was just the other week I watched Canada in the Ruff. The show with the ladies hunting and the men cooking. Well I crindged when I saw them pulling the bow up into the treestand by the foot sturrip. I know that there was no arrow on the deck, but not everyone will see that or realize that. Someone will become lazy and pull the bow up without removing the arrow.

Please people, lets all get into SAFE HABBITS all the time. And if we see someone doing something which is not safe, lets point it out politely as to what might happen.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
wabi

Post by wabi »

A sad event indeed, but a good reminder to us that while we are using any tool designed to kill - we must do the thinking! The bow, gun, spear, or whatever we use doesn't have a brain. The person using it must be in full control, and hopefully using his/her brain all the time. It only takes one mistake to make the headlines. And getting older doesn't exempt us from constant vigilance, one mistake can erase a lifetime of carefulness.
wabi
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Hey guys ... tragic news for sure ! ... let's lay off the negative comments ! ..... real poor taste in my opinion ... the guy paid the ultimate price for his mistake and we should show respect and compassion !!
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Tragic news indeed, it just goes to show you that have to pay attention to what you are doing, one mistake and it can cost you and your family dearly.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
huntertroyjack

Post by huntertroyjack »

A very silly thing to do,lowering your bow with a bolt knocked,and another fatality involving a hunter.I also think that the negative comments,about beer,etc are absolutely uncalled for and rude!!!no one will ever know what exactly happened ,very cruel to make observations when you don't know the guy!My condolences to his family and hunting friends.
troy
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I agree tragic new in deed, however I also agree in some bad taste comments by a couple but do not think it was intended as they wrote their comments. One needs to re-read his post before submitting to catch the bad taste comments before posted.

A tragic accident is a TRAGIC ACCIDENT by BULNDER or other wise and a lot of family members & friends left in sorrow!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Condolences to the family...very tragic. Sorry to hear that.
I believe he made a mistake and unfortunatly paid for it.
Something I did was to drill a 5/8" hole in the butt end for the raise/lower rope. To me safety means raising and lowering without a bolt in it. IF I was ever distracted enough to not remove the bolt before lowering it, at least it would be pointed downward.

SAFETY IN 2007 EVERYONE PLEASE.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

That's a good idea Enormous. I'm going to do that too. Never had a problem but it only takes once.
huntman

Post by huntman »

R.J. wrote:Hey guys ... tragic news for sure ! ... let's lay off the negative comments ! ..... real poor taste in my opinion ... the guy paid the ultimate price for his mistake and we should show respect and compassion !!
I agree 100%!! What a terrible accident...