2-4 x 40mm with lighted multirange reticle scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Horizontal Hunter

2-4 x 40mm with lighted multirange reticle scope

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

In April there is a new scope coming out with a lighted reticle. Having never hunted with a crossbow I was wondering if the lighted reticle really helps in low light. The objective lens is bigger (40mm vs 32mm) so I am sure that it will gather more light. Any thoughts and/or comments are welcome as I will be looking for an Excal in the spring.

Thanks,

HH
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
A.W

Post by A.W »

I think it will help these tired eyes. I've found myself giving up the hunt because I can see what I'm looking at but I cant see the crosshairs.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

At one time I was into hunting with a revolver and I had a lighted reticle scope mounted on it and found it a fantastic combo.Naturally turning the light feature on was an option so if I needed the reticle lighted I had the option to use it.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the lighted reticle feature may make that scope illegal to use here in Ohio. :roll:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use a TenPoint scope with lighted dots at the crosshair junctions, and yes they do help in low light!
I believe Ohio law says you can't use anything that projects a beam of light (such as a laser sight). The lighted reticles should be no problem.
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

Welcome to the forum HH,I just put a red dot sight on my shotgun for turkey hunting and I love it,I can see where the same light in a scope would work good as well.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011