Anybody here have experience with Stoeger P-350 or M2000?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fazan

Anybody here have experience with Stoeger P-350 or M2000?

Post by Fazan »

I know this is mainly archery forum, but is still best outdor forum I ever came across. I've learned lot of (good) things reading these posts and have great respect for most of people posting here. That's why I would like to hear opinion here on Stoeger P-350 (pump) and M2000 (semi-auto) as I am thinking of buying one of those. All I can say so far they are pretty cheap, but look good and I had them in my hands (and shoulder) and it feels good. Never shot any of them and nobody I know has one. I also read lot of bad opinion (especially on M2000) on Benelli's forum. I am looking for gun(s) that I could use for turkey (camo) and controled deer (rifled slug with canteliver) either as combo (M2000 has it) or two separate guns (Stoeger P-350 for turkey and Remington 870 Express for deer). Remington has 870 turkey/deer combo but it's not all camo and turkey barrel is only 21" which is bit too short in my opinion.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Fazan
TYE

Post by TYE »

I think alot of people will trash talk Stoeger, because they aren't Benelli's. BUT, they're Benelli designed, so they can't be that bad. I've looked at the camo P-350's at a local shop, and I liked it, alot. Debated buying one, but I want a deer gun, not a bird gun.
hawg hunter

Shot guns

Post by hawg hunter »

When shot guns shot black powder the length of the barrel was real important . Today they are using really fast powders in shotshells and the most important thing is the chokes. The short barrels make for some fast shooting in tight areas. My 2 cents.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I'd say go with the 870 combo. The 870 is tried and true. 21" is not too short for a turkey barrel and camo, while not a bad thing, is more a marketing thing than a functional thing.
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

One of my friends purchased the Stoeger M2000 for his son a couple of years ago. I remember he had the same worries as here but we both looked at the facts and it made by Benelli of which we both have & love. His son has had no issues with it. Looks and performs like a very well made weapon to me. 21" barrel for Turkey and Deer is what most prefer around here, can't go wrong with a scope for both either.
If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT