To ALL CANADIAN GUN OWNERS!!!!! Please read!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JR

To ALL CANADIAN GUN OWNERS!!!!! Please read!!!

Post by JR »

I'm a member of the canadiangunnutz.com forum. Something has come across our forum that I thought might be interesting to all the canadian gun owners out there. I'll just copy what Mr. Clark (on the forum) wrote. Quite disturbing info.
The Ottawa Citizen has posted the RCMP's search engine of the CFC sebsite. I have found most of my guns listed. I have sent a letter to my MP to dicuss the invasion of my privacy. I have als written a letter to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada about this as well.I hope you all do the same.
Some of the members have been doing searches and cross referencing the info with Canada411 and CanadaPost websites and getting the registered owner's full name, address and phone number. :shock: :shock:

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ANY AND ALL OTHER FORUMS THAT MIGHT HAVE REGISTERED GUN OWNERS. WE SHOULD ALL BE AWARE!

Here's the quote:

"Found this link. Theres something really creepy about the rcmp posting this kind of info.

I know they dont provide names or address's but it still concerns me when I see stuff like this.

I hope the link is hack proof.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/fea ... /form.html

There are some very small postal coded areas that can be identified by the first three and possibly two letter and number combo's.

For instance although they only tell you province you can tell by the first two items of the postal what area in the province(I do work for the courier companies) For instance try to find yourself by gun if you have something rare.

I dont know maybe its nothing but it still bugs me, what do you think?

It does show one interesting thing though, its provides good research info on what type of collectable guns are out there."

EDIT: If you would like to compalin to the Privacy Commissioner's Office, I copied this from their website.

If you believe you have a complaint under the Privacy Act or PIPEDA, please submit it to us in writing at the following address:

112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1H3

Please include your full contact details in your letter, including your name, address and the telephone number where you can be reached, and provide as much detail as possible about your complaint.

Note: The Office of the Privacy Commissioner does not process complaints via e-mail. Please submit your complaint by mail.
Last edited by JR on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I'm not Canadian, but I don't think it's "nothing."

I think gun registry is the first step to gun confiscation and destruction.

It has been in other places.

They can't take 'em if they don't know you have 'em.

Why do they need to know you have 'em?

Good question, huh?

The government that does not trust it's citizens cannot be trusted by it's citizens.
Grizz
JR

Post by JR »

Link fixed. Thanks for the support Grizz.

-Jason
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I would want on the list in hopes that robbers and crooks would have access and decide not to come knocking on my door . . .all my friends and neighbors know I have a gun or two, ok, seven. I don't think it would take the government long to get them . . .if that was the intent.

Maybe I need it explained to me better. It's kind of like the phone book, I'm sure there were some that didn't like that informaion printed . . ."someone might find out where I live, does the address have to be there??". Same with wire tapping . . .I don't care who listens in on my "private" phone calls . . .anyone that wants to waste their time listening to my calls are more than welcome. If I have truly private things to say, it's face-to-face, surely not over the phone. I'm really not that paranoid about the government taking over or finding out something on me. I am a law abiding citizen and have nothing to hide . . .other than the things I actually hide.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
A.W

Post by A.W »

Now I know that I'm one of two people that own what I own. :shock:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Day ponders tip line for unstable gun owners

Glen McGregor, CanWest News Service; Ottawa Citizen
Published: Wednesday, February 14, 2007
OTTAWA - The Harper government is considering an alert system to allow people to notify authorities if a gun owner they know becomes unstable.

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day says changes to Canada's gun laws could include a system to give those close to a gun owner a channel to express concerns about that person's mental health.

The system could be used if "either their friends or family or a doctor notices, or is concerned, that a person is becoming unbalanced," Day said Tuesday.

He referred to the case of a Quebec psychologist who killed his wife and two daughters last fall.

"Even some of the people in his own profession knew he was under increasing pressure in the months before that awful tragedy," he said.

Day did not provide further details. His spokesperson said it was one of a variety of options the government is examining.

Day said the Conservative government will introduce a package of reforms with an emphasis on increased policing and stopping guns being smuggled into the country.

The government is also promising enhanced screening of people who buy restricted firearms - a class made up mostly of handguns and certain kinds of short-barrelled rifles and shotguns.

"It just won't be quite as easy," he said. "There will be a more thorough approach, especially when it comes to restricted firearms."

Day also wants to see reforms that would stop judges from overturning firearms prohibition orders that prevent convicted criminals from owning guns.

The alert system proposal could help blunt concerns about the Dawson College shootings last September, when a 25-year-old man used a legally-registered gun to kill one student and injure 11 others before killing himself.

Kimveer Gill posted angry messages on an "Goth" website before the Dawson shooting. Some wondered why these messages, along with the pictures of him holding a semi-automatic rifle, did not raise concerns.

Day also said the government is reviewing the current list of restricted and prohibited firearms to determine if guns new to the market need to be reclassified. The list was last updated by the Chretien government in 1995.

"I think we can safely say that there have not been firearms coming into the country that are more lethal than what was available in 1995," he said.

"The Liberals didn't do any updating. We are now looking at the list, just to make sure."

Day is himself a gun owner. He said he owns a .22-calibre rifle, shotguns and a handgun but has little time to use them now.

"I haven't fired them for years. They're safely under lock and key."

Ottawa Citizen

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/new ... 3a&k=36132

Country

Post by Country »

This is just great (not). Canadian, British, and Australian laws concerning firearms are constantly promoted here in the US in how these countries took the necessary steps to insure the saftey of their citizens by registering and then ultimately banishing private ownership. Did Canada sign on with the United Nation's plan to ban small arms? I always thought of Canada as a refuge from the storm but now see that the liberals have got you all by the short and curlys. Our day is coming soon with the liberal Democrates taking over here. I don't know if we'll go like lambs to the slaughter but I won't give up my arms or register them either if it comes to that. Im sorry to hear that you guys have a registration. They'll be knocking on your door someday. You have my sympathy, I wish there was some way I could help.
navaman

Post by navaman »

it's going to happen in the U.S. also. we no longer have "habeus corpus". we can be, detained, and interogated indefinately. law enforcement does not have to notify your family and you will not have any right to legal coucil. your neighbor can now call in to authorities and say he believes you are an enemy combatant and that's all it takes. it's a little diddy called "the military commisions act of 2006 " it's a frightening and heartbreaking law that was signed by our president last year. kieth olbermann of msnbc, did a special commentary on his program "countdown" and as i listened it made me weep for my nation. there are many who are seeking to completely destroy our constitution that so many brave men and women died protecting.

also of interest:

in the "ottawa citizen" dated 2/7/07 a story titled "Canadian, U.S., and Mexican officials held secretive meeting on integration." i'm sorry i don't know how to post it but i just got through reading it. a real piece of work these ultra powerful politicians and world corporate leaders are trying to pull off. our nations soveigrnty will become a thing of the past if they have their way.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Interesting. . .

200 guns registered in Kitchener / Waterloo
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Bowster, im not sure, but i believe it says at the top something along the lines of "showing first 200"... could be wrong, but thats what it did when i did a search. Again sorry if im wrong. Id assume more then 200 in Kitchener Waterloo, thats a large area.
EDIT: It said "a maximum of 200 records has been returned. To see other records, you can narrow your search criteria."
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Thought it seemed low. . .

Found the gun I registered last year.

I can't figure out how it could be narrowed down further. It only utilizes the first two digits of the postal code. Maybe I'm missing something.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Bowster wrote:Interesting. . .

200 guns registered in Kitchener / Waterloo
that is just the max # that the search can show. the # for total guns registered in your area is higher than that.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Bow Life wrote:Bowster, im not sure, but i believe it says at the top something along the lines of "showing first 200"... could be wrong, but thats what it did when i did a search. Again sorry if im wrong. Id assume more then 200 in Kitchener Waterloo, thats a large area.
EDIT: It said "a maximum of 200 records has been returned. To see other records, you can narrow your search criteria."
Go to the bottom of the page and click on page 2,3,4, etc.

MADMAX2

Gun owners beware!!

Post by MADMAX2 »

I know from my own experience,gun ownership is a privledge not a right in Canada.I recently went through a messy divorce and my longguns were taken from me in family court,I want to add that I had taken them out of the matrimonial home and had a friend hold them for safekeeping by my own.My exes laywer was not happy with that and asked the judge to take them.I have never had a criminal charge.I JUST GOT THEM BACK THIS FALL,they were taken from me sept/03.I was lucky that the people I hunt with were more than happy to lend me their extra firearms and I never missed on of my favorite pastimes,DONT TAKE IT FOR GRANTIT!!
A.W

Post by A.W »

If I recall properly Isn't one or two of the questions in the firearm application to do with being devorced, going through a devorce etc?