DACRON STRING ON EXOMAG

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MDBOWHUNTER

DACRON STRING ON EXOMAG

Post by MDBOWHUNTER »

WHAT ABOUT A DACRON STRING ON MY EXOMAX? IS THAT OK? I'M NEW TO CROSSBOW HUNTING, BUT I THOUGHT IT MIGHT QUIET IT DOWN SOME AND I'M NOT A SPEED FREAK, SO THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

THANKS
DENNIS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Dennis, there wont be a speed difference between the Dacron and the Excel that came with your bow. There will be a slight noise difference, but you probably wont hear it.
Dacron stretches, for that reason it is very easy on your bow, the string will help absorb the impact of the limbs. Excel sports the same speeds but tends to not stretch as much.
If you shoot a lot then use the Dacron, if the bow hangs around more than it gets used than you may want to stick with the Excel.
To get the advertised speed out of you bow you need to use FFF, any alternative will cost you about 15 feet per second. Dacron is a great string if you maintain your brace height.

Your bow will use any type of string available to crossbows.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
MDBOWHUNTER

STRINGS

Post by MDBOWHUNTER »

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I SHOOT A LOT, SO I THINK I'LL GIVE IT A TRY.

DENNIS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I shoot a lot too, you will like the Dacron. There is a comfort and ease of use on the bow when you use it, a small trade for a couple FPS.

This is usually the point where I show off my strings.. :)
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm a fan of dacron strings. Each person has their own perception of noise, but to me the dacron cuts noise & vibration noticeably.
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dennis, a really great way to quiet your bow down, aside from using dacron is by using a heavier arrow/tip combo. There are added benefits as well.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

wabi wrote:I'm a fan of dacron strings. Each person has their own perception of noise, but to me the dacron cuts noise & vibration noticeably.
Ditto :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads