3D Canadian championships !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowking

3D Canadian championships !

Post by xbowking »

Hi all the 3D Canadian championships are on Aug 3-6 http://www.wolfsdensports.com/nationals ... n_form.htm lets show them what our excaliburs can do , its the first time crossbows are allowed in the championships , lets show up, i know i will be there, who else is going ?
Last edited by xbowking on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Anybody shooting an Excalibur and interested in going to this 3D shoot please contact me directly. I also have placed an announcement on this page.

Thanks,

Peter

email: [email protected]
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Hi all , i have made a correction on the date of the 3D canadian championships it is Aug 3 - 6 . the FCA (Federation of Canadian Archers) is not adding the catagory it is the host club adding the crossbow catagory , competitors will not recieve awards from the FCA , the awards will be supplied by the club-( Wolfs Den),in Utopia near Barrie, not sure what the awards will be metals or trophys, all crossbow shooter will be shooting in this event to TRY and have a crossbow catagory added to this event in the future, AND for the future of crossbows in general , so lets get our excaliburs out and show our support , i emailed the FCA and asked a few questions and they did send me a reply, if you would like to read it just email me and i will forward it to you . tks- Dave.
Last edited by xbowking on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

Hi guys...count me in for the shoot..Regards..BB :)
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I'm planning on attending, barring any unforeseen event ot circumstance.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I definately won't be going. :lol:

I was resetting my scope today for my Beman Thunderbolts. Decided to try them out at 70 yards. I shot I'd say about 4 inch groups. Not too bad I suppose. I could have tried harder for a steadier hold on the shots, but I was too busy laughing at Sam who was stuck up in a tree. :lol:
bj

Post by bj »

do i understand it correctly, that there will be "NO" maximum speed restriction, in conjuction with the shoot ?...

Wayne...
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

bj wrote:do i understand it correctly, that there will be "NO" maximum speed restriction, in conjuction with the shoot ?...

yes that is the way it looks No speed cap for crossbows so that means any thing goes i imagin there will be some really pumped up xbows there, i think they are doing it to get more people out to the shoot and they dont have to do a single thing to there xbow , just put on field tips and shoot, in most big tournys crossbows are limited to 300 fps + 3% so you have a little leyway, so "bj" do u shoot many tournys ? , im going in a few tournys this year , im also going in the OAA tripple crown. -Dave .

Wa
yne...
spitfire125

Post by spitfire125 »

That is nice that Wolfs den is supplying trophies etc. but do you guys realize that there is no crossbow category , you sign in as a guest, and it will cost you $90 dollars to shoot. Thats a little steep if you ask me, and to be recognized as a guest , not a crossbow shooter.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

spitfire125 wrote:That is nice that Wolfs den is supplying trophies etc. but do you guys realize that there is no crossbow category , you sign in as a guest, and it will cost you $90 dollars to shoot. Thats a little steep if you ask me, and to be recognized as a guest , not a crossbow shooter.
YES $90 is very steep , to be a guest & not be shooting in the championships, the way i figure it is if the crossbow shooters are not in the FCA shoot theres no way we should be paying $90 , crossbow shooters should be paying $15 like any other shoot, i would gladly pay the $90 if i was in the FCA sanctioned catagory shoot, this is what the FCA said in the reply to me.
Dear Sir:

Thank you for your interest in FCA's 2007 outdoor 3D championships.

According to the current rules, it is the option of the host club to add an equipment division to suit the local needs. This has been used by a majority of the host clubs in the past with the advanced knowledge that the addition is not sanctioned since it does not exist in the FCA rulebook. Should the host club wish to recognise this division, it may award non-FCA medals to the participants. Those are the rules. In as much as the host club this year has allowed crossbows, then it was their decision to have no maximum arrow speed limit in this non-sanctioned division, as exists in all other FCA-sanctioned 3D equipment divisions. (Target/field archery has a maximum bow weight for compound bows.)
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

now that i found out alot more right from the hosting club im going to pay the 90 bucks and go.
Hi all , i was at the Wolfs Den today and found out some things about the 3D canadian championships AUG, 3rd 4th 5th 6th , the club found out there might be alot of crossbow shooter comming , like it could well be over 300 crossbow shooters there , so they figure they will need 4 days to get all the people through , the 1st place crossbow shooter recieves a trophy and a 2000- 3000 dollar paid hunting trip,1st, 2nd & 3rd recieve trophys that say 2007 3D canadian championships -crossbow- GUEST catagory, the club wont know all the numbers of people until the sign up dead line July 1st, and there is NO SPEED LIMIT on the crossbows , for this competition. , Dave.