Turkey Season Ontario...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bow Life

Turkey Season Ontario...

Post by Bow Life »

Well i got out my 12ga today and took it out in the yard to pattern it and i was suprised how well it held a pattern.

A friend of mine had his out as well and im not sure what it was but i know it was an expensive gun, and i was suprised to find that my 75$ Savage held a tighter pattern then his high dollar gun.

I was just wondering about check in stations this year, i herd something about a phone in line and was just currious if i still had to go to a check station upon harvesting a bird. Thanks in advance.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Bowlife I know of one place that is supposedly going to still weigh birds in cambridge but yes it has gone to a phone in system.Hopefully I`ll be calling in on wednesday from the shop .good luck on the turkeys
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Thanks Doe Master, im hoping the same, i went out sunday with the call just before dark and with one call had two different birds coming in, so ... im going to that same place wednesday morning.

Kinda glad its gone to a phone in system because its simpler for me atleast to just be able to go home (if im successful) clean the bird call in and go to school rather then running arround to a check station.

Thanks again and good luck.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Good luck guys, i'll be out Saturday Morning. Work and a little one keep me from going out on Wednesday!!
bbbwb

Turkey Season in Ontario

Post by bbbwb »

Bowlife:
There is a phone in reporting system for this year. I got an info sheet from the M.N.R. office. It outlines the procedure. There are 8 questions with reference to diagrams for help in taking the measurements , aging etc. A bar along the edge of the page segmented into mm provides the measuring system. It also gives the telephone number to call.
Good luck.
bbbwb
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Good luck to all who are going out tomorow! I can't wait to see the sun rise and hear those birds gobbling :D .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Won't be long now ! .... good luck to all ! ... I picked up a Vortex , decked out with the lumi-zone package ... sweeeeet shooting bow ! .... will be switching between the Vortex and my Remington 870 depending on terrain and properties we hunt over the next 2 days ...

Again ... good luck to all !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "