Bonus ... double beard !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Bonus ... double beard !

Post by R.J. »

Went for a walk after work today ... found 2 nice shed antlers ( sorry for the so/so pictures ... was using the pocket Olympus Stylus 600 point and shoot ... )

Saw a Blue Heron along the river ... he posed long enough for me to get 2 quick frames before he took off ...

OK ... give me a profile .... great .. snap ....

When I got home I was trimming the beards and spurs off the turkey carcases ... when I noticed the turkey I got on Tuesday had a small 1 inch 2nd beard starting ! ... Cool ! ... Bonus ! ... OK it's small but it's my first double beard ! :lol: :lol:

See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Some cool Ontario turkey facts ...

Ontario - from 274 turkeys in 1984, the number has grown to over 30000 ...

Many conflicting opinions from web site , to web site re: life span ... some sites say 3-4 years ... another site says 8 years ... another site says 11 years ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
huntman

Post by huntman »

After looking at your pics over the years and following your most recent thread i gotta say you are one of the most organized and detailed outdoorsmen I have ever seen. Awesome once again!!! BTW congrats on the double beard!! i'd be happy with the 1inch beard only at this point ... Its getting harder and harder every day to connect with a bird.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks for the congrat's on the double beard ... glad you liked the pictures ! ...

Wylie Harvey hosts an RJ Outdoor Gallery at the ACA website ...

http://www.acadventures.ca/

As for ...
Its getting harder and harder every day to connect with a bird.
Keep at it ... your persistance will pay off ! .... At a bare minimum , you will have spent time in our awsome Ontario outdoors !

Good luck in your pursuit of the " bearded bird " ...
leonk

Post by leonk »

cool pics RJ!!!
wabi

Post by wabi »

R.J.
Congrats on the double beard.
I almost missed the post. :oops:
wabi
PRB

Post by PRB »

Thats awesome 8) Congratulations
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!