going fishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dunn14

going fishing

Post by Dunn14 »

this thursday im heading out with my dad to matatchewan, about nine hours north of where I am. hoping to get some big pike and walleye
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Dunn14- went there last year for my archery moose hunt....BEAUTIFUL God's country! :D Good luck with the fish'n. We went out on a very windy day to catch the pickerel and got blown all over the lake. Of course it was still fun!!!

I had the most memorable canoe trip EVER as well.......beware when the locals tell you there are only a FEW portages and "you can't miss it.." A 3 hr canoe trip went 8 hrs and it wasn't for lack of motivation. I didn't know there were that many beavers in Ontario, let alone they were ALL building dams in this little river! I was never so motivated to get off a river system in my LIFE!!! :shock: Lots of moose up there too!!

Best of luck...let us know how you do!!! :D
Skeeter

It's not the aptitude but the attitude that determines the altitude!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Enjoy! As much as I hate the masses of people in this end of the province, the northern part of Ontario is breathtaking. Lots of wild county, crystal clear lakes and an abundance of critters. It's crazy to look at a road map sometimes and see just how much of Ontario has no roads! Catch some big eyes!!!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

we are leaving tommorrow morning at 5 , and i have my graduation dance until 11 tonight, I'm thinking of sleeping in the truck :lol:
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

have fun Dunn im going on a short one to the french fri good luck with the wallye
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

well heres the fish standings for the trip
day 1 dad 3 me 0
day 2 dad 0 me 0
day 3 dad 0 me 0
day 4 dad 2 me 5
day 5 dad 0 me 0 (fourwheeling trip)
day 6 dad 0 me 0

total dad 5 me 5
we werent on a bad lake or anything just bad luck :( we had the same setup as the boat next to us and they limited out in an hour but we got skunked every time :?