Gorilla Warfare

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Gorilla Warfare

Post by sumner4991 »

Here is a topic for discussion. This was hit upon, sort of, in another couple of threads. I personally could never hunt a species that is endangered or even slightly threatened. Anyway, here is a story that's got to open some eyes . . .and break some hearts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20012315/site/newsweek/
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

I have a hard time not sounding like a fanatic about this but I'll try and say it as P.C. as I can.

Man loses his 'humanity' in times and places of extreme violence. The Congo is one such place - and the atrocities committed against man, and gorillas in this case, are just an illustration as to how deep a civilization can go down that rabbit hole. I'm not sure of the cure but I'm pretty sure it's not more violence.

The gorilla is a beautiful animal and I have a special place in my heart for them. (As some know, I worked at the OKC Zoo for years) They are a peaceful creature that deserves our protection given their endangered status. I'm sad for both man and beast after reading this....
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
saxman

Post by saxman »

I hate reading about things like this.I know people in other parts of the world live by a different social and moral code,if they live by one at all but to kill for the sake of killing is beyond my comprehension.
In Genesis God said gather your bows and take of the beasts of the filed,bring me some food.but this kind of killing for political gain and retribution,I cant stomach it.I love to hunt and have done m fair share of killing and I know I'm not alone here but I do no killing for the sake of killing.I try to love my brother but sometimes I struggle.

Great topic sumner4991
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011