Loctite ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pitch black

Loctite ???

Post by pitch black »

Did any of you use loctite anywhere on crossbow? if so red or the blue, seen somewhere about using it on the scope base. thanks
Boo

Post by Boo »

You should want to use blue for any part that you want to undo like scope parts. Clear nail polish and clear lacquer for cars is a close substitute that I use. Red is practically permanent. Green is close to being permanent as well.
I cannot think of any part of your bow where green or red applies.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have also used clear nail polish in the past on my rifle scopes. However, I just had to re-tighten my crossbow scope with the blue after it came loose from the nail polish.

Therefore, I'm against using the clear nail polish . . .might have been a bad brand, but, it's the expensive kind my wife likes, so I better not name the company . . . . . :roll: Try using the blue.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wabi

Post by wabi »

I used the blue LocTite on screws for scope mounts & rings. No problems at all with it in over two years of shooting. Screws can be removed, but they seem to hold well.
wabi
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

I've used the blue Loctite on both crossbow and rifle, it works good. I've also used the nail polish and it works just about as good too, but what's with the clear stuff. Real men use hot pink nail polish. :lol:

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
saxman

Post by saxman »

I used the blue where reccomended by Excalibur. and only there.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Metropolis

Post by Metropolis »

My scope kept comming loose after about 50 shots or so, I used the blue lock-tite on the rail mounting bolts and it has not given me any problems since.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Funny you should mention this now. I JUST finished loctightening my scope with (blue) after it had come loose causing th bolt to hit 1' off it's mark. I had previously loctighted it but took the base off to modify it for more eye relief. Figured the white residue would be enough to keep the base tight. It wasn't!
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I have been using a tiny drop of gorilla glue (elmer's ultra) on the mounting screws on my firearms. The glue expands in the threads and puts pressure on all the tiny gaps between the screw and the weapon. It doesn't bond as well to metal as it does to more porus surfaces, so the screws can be removed later. Just don't use too much!