Trouble in paradise

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman

Post by deerman »

Like they say "what comes around goes around" now I bet you have a place to hunt til the end of time. Too funny :lol:
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

To make the long story short, I got the farm back without having to pay a lease this year and my attorney is drawing up a 5 year lease which he is willing to sign. I'll post more details when I'm feeling better.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Esox

Post by Esox »

....all things happen for a reason... obviously the farmer had to learn a valuable lesson... I hope you get the lease again and this time the farmer appreciates what he has ... Thanks for making me smile....
diesel

Post by diesel »

Ray that is great news for you. Really sad news for all of us. To think there are hunters out there that would do that type of thing. On wonder hunters have a hard time finding a place to hunt.
One bad apple can make it bad for all of us. :(
Don't get me rong I'm so glad you got your hunting place back. :D
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

In Kiwiland we would " Bugger !" ... good one Ray :-)
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Opps.. typo, meant to say ... in Kiwiland we would say "Bugger !" great one Ray :-)
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Ray,

It is great to hear that you are getting your lease back for five more gauranteed years. We are fortunate here in new england as we don't have to deal with the lease issue. There is a fair amount of public land and permission is generally had at no cost to hunt private land.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Congrats on getting the lease back Ray.

It will teach the farmer for being greedy, & not looking a gift horse in the mouth with a person that respects them :wink:

I also have a property that I hunt that even if someone asks him he will call me first to see if I agree due to me telling him about problems on his property & policing it for him.

Even my nephew that started hunting this year approached him (a friend of his sons) & he did not know he was my nephew :oops: but the land owner turned him down flat out because I have been there for a few years & he will not let anyone else in :D

Congrats again

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Sounds like it all worked out!

See ... I told you that such behavior has it's own price.

Looks like they paid for their misdeeds, as did the landowner.

Now it's time for you to shine a little grace on them! :D
Grizz
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Good for you Ray!

Glad to hear you are getting your spot back... to bad for the land owner, but that will teach him :roll: trying to give your spot to someone else :lol: :wink:

Good luck this season.
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Thanks for all of the advise and support guys. It really was funny the way that it turned out but my main question for him was, why didn't you just call me and let me know that you needed more money and we probably could have worked it out. The way that he went about it is what bothers me. I'm sure that I'll hunt there some but a forum member has been kind enough to take Tyler and I hunting a couple of times this year. I got a call from his son this afternoon asking if I will be available Saturday morning so that they could put my stands back up for me. :wink: Let me say this, I'm no expert by any means but farmers have it tough, and I understand that but you don't bite the hand that feeds you. We work on that farm year round, repairing roads, fences and all sorts of stuff. I just guess that his back was against the wall when these guys came knocking. The only problem that we have and it is one that we will always have is that he want EVERY deer shot. But I told him the first day that I leased the place from him: ( 1 ) I will not harvest more game than allowed by NC State Law. ( 2 ) I will not shoot fawns. (my personal choice) and ( 3 ) I will not shoot deer and leave them where they fall. Anyhow, I'm glad to have my place back and hope that we don't have any more surprises this year.

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

In light of the recent costs he's shouldered it might be worth it for him to pay you now. :D
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
Allan

Post by Allan »

Good things come to good people.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Really guys,what's wrong with people now a days. This should have never happened in the first place. Like I said in my original post, this guy was a close friend of my dad's and if he were still alive, I can guarantee you that this wouldn't have happened. It's like values, principles, respect and just doing what's right has gone out the window. I thank God that my Dad instilled some values in me and those same values have been passed on to Tyler and Brianna. :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I'd show some class and pay him anyway.