Excalibur Scope Rings question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Excalibur Scope Rings question

Post by OwnerITO »

Hiya all: I just purchased a set of Excalibur scope rings. I phoned to another archery shop to get a comparison in price AFTER I purchased the first set. Stupid I know. Anyway, the guy at the archery shop said he did not carry Excalibur Scope Rings because he said that they were prone to breaking. (His words) "We don't carry them because as soon as we start to apply some torque to them they break". Of course he did sell rifle scope rings. Anyone have any feedback on these scope rings plz cause I just picked up a DropZone (mint) from my friend for $50.00 and I need to resight my Phoenix in. And I am not going to put rings on my crossbow that are just going to break if what he is saying is true. TY in advance all.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I have the Excal rings on my Phoenix and Exocet and neither have broke. I do get a little nervous tightening the allen screws, always afraid of striping them out.

Rich
ONLY8PTS

Post by ONLY8PTS »

I HAVE THE SCOPE MANUAL RIGHT HERE. IT SAYS,"DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. OVER-TIGHTENINGCAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE SCOPE,AFFECTING PERFORMANCE OR EVENRENDERING IT INOPERABLE.THERE SHOULD BE A SLIGHT GAP BETWEENTHE RINGS AND THE SCOPE.THE GAPS SHOULD BE EVEN THE LEFT AND THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RINGS.MINE ARE ALMOST EVEN.
ALWAYS GIVE THANKS FOR YOUR BOUNTY.
REMEMER, AIM SMALL.....MISS SMALL.
VORTEX,WITH RIGHT STUFF PKG.
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

I don't know if they break or not, but I don't use them. But, it is only because I just prefer the Burris Signature Zee rings.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Go with some Warne rings, all my scoped weapons have them. They are the only ones I've found that don't need lapping.

Regards
Joe
dw

Post by dw »

i believe they are made by tasco.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've never had a problem w/ anything w/ the name Excalibur on it. I have bought cheap rings at Mal-Wart as a matter of convienence and no problems w/ them either. While I loctite mount screws and rings to mount, I've never used it on ring halves and have never had any shoot loose.
"Eze 18:21"
Stash

Post by Stash »

We have had some issues with Excalibur scope rings at our store. Once in a while when assembling a new bow the screw (nut, actually) that tightens the rings onto the rail strips. I'd guess maybe 1 in 50 is a problem.

Never had a problem with tightening down the rings onto the scope.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've bought three of them and the heads of the ring machine screws broke off and the cross-bolt head broke off (I'm sure I over tightened them). I use the time proven, tried and true Weaver Detachable rings. Same as the ones I have on both of my big game rifles. The factory rings are affordable and functional as long as you don't abuse them when installing them.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have gone through two sets, not a problem with either. I crank them down pretty tight too, always paranoid of movement.
I bought two Redhead scopes from Bass-Pro, both stripped out easily and quickly.
My recent gun got the Weaver detachable.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string