Brace Height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DropTine

Brace Height

Post by DropTine »

What is brace height? Also, what would the proper brace height be for an exomax? One more question, I had those string tunerz string silencers on my exomax, to install them, you have to twist the string eight times, they both flew off now, do i have to take the string off and untwist it eight times? Or is it fine?

Thanks A Lot,

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Boo

Post by Boo »

Taken from this page http://excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m/con ... raceHeight

What is the proper brace height for my Excalibur?
Ideally your Excalibur should measure about 1" to 1.5" from the string when it's at rest to the junction of the deck and riser. If your string braces too close to the riser just twist it a bit to shorten it and it'll move back. If you have a newer model you will notice 2 lines scribed on the top of the mainframe, the string can sit anywhere between these 2 lines. If you have just 1 line on your mainframe then you can set the string up to 3/8" on either side of the line.

To answer your second question, just put the string back to where you want it by twisting the string to raise the brace height to where you want it.
You should want it just below the highest brace height mark or there abouts.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
GaryL

Re: Brace Height

Post by GaryL »

DropTine wrote:What is brace height? Also, what would the proper brace height be for an exomax? One more question, I had those string tunerz string silencers on my exomax, to install them, you have to twist the string eight times, they both flew off now, do i have to take the string off and untwist it eight times? Or is it fine?

Thanks A Lot,

Matt
This explains it all fairly well and should be a sticky!!

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hth+height

Have seen a number of post over the last few months and it is a question that seems to be posted many times over. Have been a number of good responses to the question. A NEWBIE should try a search on most any questions on EXCALIBURS and with a little time should be able to get his answer quickly.

Most will post the answer if you can't find it under search, some times dang fast and some times a little slow :wink: :wink: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Do i have to take the dissipator pads out if im unstringing it without the stringer?
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
ga_Game_hunter

Post by ga_Game_hunter »

DropTine wrote:Do i have to take the dissipator pads out if im unstringing it without the stringer?
I've been told that the only time you really need to take off the dissipator pads is when you plan on leaving the crossbow unstrung for any long period of time. A few hours or even a day shouldnt have that much affect on your pads.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Droptine,

Once you've set your brace height, you may notice it change after a few shots. This is due to normal stretching of the string. As long as the brace height settles within the acceptable range, you are fine. A new string will stretch, as will an old string that has been unstrung.

Ninepointer
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Thanks a lot guys!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release