Opening Day Doe

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's ! .... nice looking opening day doe !

Yep , the work starts after the shot for sure ! We have had some long hauls over the years !

Just curious ... How long from shot , to recovery , to back at home for processing ?

bstout wrote :
inside loin straps sliced up in butter and onion/garlic then browned in an iron skillet for breakfast.
Sweeeeeet ! .... now I'm getting hungry !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Congrats Bstout looks like you are the first to post a deer kill picture, first blood , you got me pumped.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
saxman

Post by saxman »

Nice job on the doe brother :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on the fat nanny! :D
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Great job on the doe, Bob. Nice to get the first one out of the way and into the freezer.

Can't wait for my turn. :D

Jay
Digger

Post by Digger »

Congratulationson your doe.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Way to go, Bob! :D

She's pretty. Looks like you put a good shot on her! Good job.

I really like does ... fried, stewed, jerked, broiled, grilled ... you name it, I'll eat it, and that's what does are best for: good eating! I have laid up a mountain of doe-meat over the years for precisely that reason.

As far as I'm concerned, a nice freezer trophy like her is just as significant as some gnarly, stinky, tough-as-a-tire buck with antlers like a live oak ... but let that gnarly, stinky, tough-as-a-tire buck with antlers like a live oak come close enough, and I'll invite him to dinner too ... I just won't like dinner as much! :wink: Jerky hardly knows the difference! 8)

I haven't even been out yet. Was out of state on opening day and most of first week ... and I've hurt my back pretty bad too ... but I think I'll have to go out this week. Can't stand it! Might be pretty picky about shooting, though ... 'cause I really don't want to bring one in and work it up right now, until I feel better! There will be more deer ... I just want to get out. Been watching videos to "whet my appetite."

You'd laugh ... these guys will let countless does and bucks up to 130 P&Y or so walk past :shock: ... and then here comes something above 140, and they'll say, "BIG BUCK ... big buck! He's a SHOOTER!" Give me a break!

They must be on some other planet! :?
Grizz