CUSTOM EXOCET ALMOST DONE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREYWOLF

CUSTOM EXOCET ALMOST DONE

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Well since it's been so hot and humid lately, I started too stay inside in the AC during the day and work on the bow,
First I had the rail TEFLON coated (as usual)
Second I was going to foam fill the rail with expanding foam as I have done to my 3 other EXCALIBURS. When it hit me !! Why not try some heavy duty mattress foam ? Well I cut it into 1"x2" X22" strips and with the aid of a 3/16" dia fiberglass rod I packed all the hollow areas in the rail TIGHT! (except the trigger area) . I testeds it with one I had done the other way and there was no differance , both were less noisy and with less vibration . but one is a lot less messy !!!
[/img]Image
[/img]Image

Third I bought a picatinny rail 3.5 " long to mount under the front part of the rail were the factory quiver bracket and sling swivell are. I used 2 self taping screws to do this. This is for mounting lights , lasers , cameras ect. ect. Next I relocated the sling swivel stud back to the plastic stock , this was perfect for mounting my HARRIS bi-pod and new sling

Fourth I asked enormous (Norm) for a set of the limb shims he has been testing . I installed them and after testing thru my crony. I gained 8 - 10 F.P.S. . That is COOL !! I also added a set of my custom made string dampenners mounted under a GROUNDPOUNDER quiver top mount. And of course , my bow would not be complete with out a BOO custom string on it . I am very pleased with it and love the way it shoots the next step is to have it custom diped in PREDATOR CAMO at a place that does great work http://www.vcfinishes.com/ Then I will have to start on an other one :lol: :lol:

[/img]Image
Image[/img]

If Any One Would Like A 3.5" Picatinny rail , 13" to 24" Harris bi pod ,
and a new Sling stud that are shown above contact me . I have another exact set up for sale
diesel

Post by diesel »

looks great Greywolf.
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

very nice
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

looks like a sniper's xbow 8) :D

I really like the dark colored rail compared to the factory greyish color!
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

sweet rig, good job customizing, I'll have to try to do the same after the season. You're set-up look's killer'.
-Matt
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

That is handsdown, the craziest and most amazing thing i've ever seen!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

WOW , looks like something out of a James Bond movie. And Mad Max would have loved one :lol: .
Now , where or how do you go about the Teflon treatment ?
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I contacted my local Gander Mountain a couple days ago to ask them to do a teflon coating on the top of my rail and camo on the rest. They informed me that I can't do that to my xbow because the coatings have to be baked on and the high temperatures would warp my rail :x . I told them that I know people are doing it but I think they are mainly up north and in Canada. He said something that made no sense at all along the lines of thats why they are doing it in Canada... so I got off the phone.

I also got some foam material called sonex from work that is used to line the walls of radio and tv studios, to kill sound. I began cutting it into strips to pack into my rail when I decided to take a small piece and put it under the faucet. I did, and it soaked up water like a sponge so I decided that would not be a good idea. You might want to concider that with the mattress foam you used Greywolf. That bow sure does look sweet though. Good work.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Nice job old man. Looks good too!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

The TEFLON coating is done at a friends medical coating company down in CT , it is done under controled heat . and works great. this is not something Gander mtn. or Cabelas would know any thing about. for more info. contact me and I will give you the contact info. melted wax seals the foam off from water , and if it does get wet just replace it hope this answers any questions , let me know if any one wants more info. GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Normous

Post by Normous »

Cool Craig,
I see all went well with that Killing Machine.
I'm just back from my Moose hunt. One young 750 lb Bull between 5 guys.

Norm and Patti
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Looks great Craig! May have to try some of the dampening ideas.
Why ride when you can walk!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Looks awesome Craig!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mchurch

question

Post by mchurch »

I just bought an equinox and saw all the cool stuff you did to your rig. I was wondering if the string supressors interfere with using a rope cocking aid. I was also wondering if the bi-pod would interfere with cocking the crossbow
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

The answer is no to both , less string slap noise :D
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]