Best time to move a stand?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Best time to move a stand?

Post by Pydpiper »

I know it's not a good idea, but I need to move mine, best at night, mid afternoon, full moon in the rain??
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Early in the season, i move mine from 10 am up til 2 pm. Most all of the deer are beded up then!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I "try" for late morning or very early afternoon.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Deer can be moving at any time of day. If you do the work in a heavy windstorm or rain, at least the sound will be muffled.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Esox

Post by Esox »

I like rainy and/or windy weather to set up or move a stand.. The bad weather will usually limit the deer movement and the rain will cover your scent... Just be aware that the stand and trees are going to be wet so they may be slippery... Please make sure that every step you take when setting up a wet stand is very deliberate and with the utmost safety....... Also it's best to be very sneaky when moving a stand... Avoid a lot of noise and commotion... Best to slip in and slip out as quietly as possible....