Opening Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buck Fever

Opening Day

Post by Buck Fever »

Well I got out opening day. Went out in the morning and didn't see anything :( So we put up a new stand and went for lunch after picking up the SD card from my trail cam at the other farm.

During lunch we checked the pics, my SD card was full. 300 pics all together. A very good chunk of them were of a spike buck. I joked that I was going to shoot him because he was eating all the apples. Anyways after lunch we decided to go to the farm where the trail cam was. After a little nap 8-) we decided to head to our stands. After about an hour, I pull out my GPS to check the time. It is almost 3, I am putting my GPS back in my pocket when I look up and there is a deer out walking towards my apples and trail cam. It is the spike buck from the trail cam pics, I laugh to myself. He keeps munching away at the apples for over 20 minutes. While he was eating I realized the trail cam was taking his pics and it would be really neat to see the before and after pics or if I could have seen the bolt hitting him. Finally he decides to walk towards one of the shooting lanes and wham I put the 100 grain Slick trick through his vitals out of my Exocet, he began to run, he ended up going 40 yards and went down within sight. Those Slick Tricks and Excalibur are an awesome combo! After a couple minutes I went down to make sure he was down and everything was good. I dragged him up towards the trail and decided to sit for the rest of the evening since it was still really early. I heard 2 more coming in but one stopped at the trail when I dragged his friend out, snorted a couple times and turned around, the other I didn't see because the forest is still thick with leaves. Here are a couple of the pics.

WHen spike first showed:
The last shot of him on the trail cam:
After finding the deer and me putting the bow and extra clothes away before the drag. It was hot.
After photos:
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Congrats!

I love the trail cam => trophy shot comparison.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

All righty then, nice spike and good pic's. Congrats
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Way to go! :D
Grizz
Limomaker

Post by Limomaker »