good
24%
bad
76%

Total votes: 17

franklarabie

middleton crossbows

Post by franklarabie »

OK i was surfing the web when I ran into this the claim to be better more reliable and more accurate then excaliburs! is this true? let me know your thoughts.

they even state it
http://middletoncrossbow.com/Accuracy_Demo.mov
http://middletoncrossbow.com/Dry_Fire_Demo.mov
Exocet200
Fast Flight string
Vari-zone scope
100gr wasps
-------------------
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

A copy of Excals from quick look. The limbs are abit different don't know about the rest of CB.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Derrick Middleton says, "they shoot better than an Excal" . . .however, there is absolutely no side by side comparison. This leads me to believe they are not "more accurate" . . .if they were, the solid proof would be shown. Another forum member has already posted a thread about out shooting his buddy that had a middleton. "More accurate than a Excalibur" doesn't exist . . . the competition would just love to be "As accurate as a Excalibur".
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I'm not submitting a poll answer, because I don't have a heated opinion about it ... though many on the forum do.

I can only comment on what I know.

I know Excalibur makes a good bow. I have one myself, and am impressed with it's quality. I know many others through this forum who feel the same way about their Excals, some of whom have been using them far longer than me.

I also know that Excalibur stands behind their product, according to the mass testimony of those who have been blessed by their committment to serving their customers well.

I don't know anything about Middleton crossbows except what I have read on their website. I don't know anyone who owns one. I know nothing about the company's committment to customers.

I do know that when I personally e-mailed Derek Middleton with a question, that he was very quick to follow up, extremely polite and helpful, and that he continued to be in a protracted interchange.

I know Bill T. is aggravated with Middleton crossbows, from what I've read on this forum, and as forum members all attest to his good character, he must have reason to be. Maybe you could ask him.
Grizz
chessy

Post by chessy »

ok from what i have herd middleton crossbows is breaking the patton on excalibur the bows are identical as the guy used to work for excalibur he has since moved to alabama to get out of leagel issue..not that said this is just a rumour 8) ALL I CAN SAY FOR SURE IS BUY EXCALIBUR..
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

From what I can see it is a Knock off of Bill T's design ( with a different style of limb and camo ) . I would not give it a 2nd look .

My Excalibur is bullet proof , deadly accurate and Excaliburs warranty is A1 . Why bother with anything else ?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I really like xbows. I really really like my Excals. So far, I've found 21 forums w/ xbow threads. The silence on Middletons is deafening.
"Eze 18:21"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I detest clones, and certainly won't support one.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
franklarabie

Post by franklarabie »

I own a exocet 200 and I absolutly love it, it can shoot a group withing a half inch all the time and thats not from a bench. if i shoot from a bench ill "robin hood all my arrows" done so a few times. Look in the video they never hit a arrow and they were benched and to add to that they were bolted to the bench so no error can accure.
Exocet200
Fast Flight string
Vari-zone scope
100gr wasps
-------------------
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I don't own a Middleton, but have own several (though not as many as Digger :wink: ) Excaliburs and they have all been not only dependable, but tack-drivers. Last year I decapitated a grouse at 32 yards with my Exomag. To top it off, this year I arrowed a squirrel, offhand from a treestand, at the amazing distance of 60 yards. With this type of accuracy, there's not need to look at other options.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Just something I noticed in the video: The group of arrows fired from a fixed position are aimed at the same point on the target. I don't do that even at 40 yards from any shooting position (guess how I learned that), much less closer in from a rest indoors. It gets expensive fast. His arrows were close, but none were ruined. If he could really deliver Excalibur accuracy, I would expect to see some ruined arrows.

The bow looks like an Excal clone, and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. One more reason to stick with the real thing.
Hi5

Re: middleton crossbows

Post by Hi5 »

[quote="franklarabie"]OK i was surfing the web when I ran into this the claim to be better more reliable and more accurate then excaliburs! is this true? let me know your thoughts.

I can't in good conscience vote in your poll. I have zero experience with the Middleton bow, so if I were to vote I would be guilty of shallow ethics.

Middleton's claim to have a more accurate product than Excalibur is really nothing more than a pedlar's claim. Usually pedlars don't name and single out a competitor in their own advertising. It's kind of a dumb thing to do. You don't want to publicise your competitor's name. That just might be the name that a prospective buyer actually remembers when he pulls out his Visa card.

The "demonstration" is worthless. I can't remember the distance claimed to the target, and more importantly, there is no side by side comparison. For even a side by side comparison to be meaningfull, it would need much more than a few bolts stuck into a target face.

The "dry firing" might be meaningfull if there was disclosure of the bow's draw weight and the type of string being used.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I didnt vote either since I have never shot one... but from the looks they are the same bow so I would think they would perform the same.. But I would rather have a excal since they didnt copy anyone and their product vs price is HARD to beat!
fuel80guy

Middleton

Post by fuel80guy »

I feel i should comment on this poll.
First off i shoot an exocet.
Ive met Bill& cathy as they took time out of there busy life to come to a town hall meeting to do a presentation in support of keeping bowhunting.They are a real standup couple and solidly backup there products.
My exocet is very accurate/fast,in short i love it,except for the weight of it.
Someone is always tryiing to build a better mousetrap and that company is Middleton.
Ive shot a middleton 375 and can vouch for there speed/accuracy freehand.The bow had a better feel in my hands than my exocet although my ex is about 7 years old.The 375 felt lighter than my bow.
It does appear to be a excalibur knock off however from what i heard at my local proshop which is 15 minutes away from middletons manufacturing shop the limbs are made in different process so they are narrower,lighter.My understanding is that they can be left in the heat 9in a car) without worrying about limb seperating.
Last fall a friend of mine arrowed a 205 lb buck with his middleton 375 crossbow.The buck was shot quartering away and honestly i couldnt believe it even after i seen it with my own 2 eyes.The bolt went through the back left leg and cleanly out the front right leg with a huge exit wound.My friend is a very experienced archer with 25 years shooting compounds,3d etc... so he was very confident with this bow.
Is this bow a better mousetrap only time will tell.
These eyes have seen what a middleton 375 can do and im a believer.Would i buy one sure but id also keep my exocet.
Ps Did i mention that my buddy had to severly weigh his bolt down so he could use a varizon excal scope on it as it was to fast for the yardage markers on the scope.This deer was shot at 43 yards.
Yeah im a believer but excals still rock for me.
:D
Allan

Post by Allan »

I know of few products that compare themselves to a competitor by name, and when they do I am skeptical of them.
ie; our truck is rated better than harry's truck... Give me the facts without the politics. I'll decide if I like it better than brand X.

Maybe the Middleton bow is faster and lighter than Excalibur. Maybe the trigger has a lighter pull, and the bow has a better repetitive performance. Maybe they stand behind their product better (?) than Excalibur. Maybe, but until their reputation forgoes their claim "better than Excalibur", they are just trying to copy the best.

my 2 cents..