daughters first treestand hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

daughters first treestand hunt

Post by crazyfarmer »

well I had my lil girl today since the wife had to take my mother shopping today so I decided to take her along for a hunt since I bought a double stand just for her. She's 6 so she was just their to watch. She climbed right up the 12ft ladder and sat right down. I was worried she might get scared from the height but she was more at home than me LOL. I bought a thermacell along since the temps were so hot and I didnt want her to get ate up by bugs since we were both wearing tee shirts. Anyhow, we had one deer come up about 50 yards out so atleast she got to see one while hunting. Most of the time she asked, can we go to Mc Donalds when we leave LOL. I wish I could have gotten her into one of my other stands in a better spot so she could have deer right under the stand but she seemed thrilled just by sitting up in the tree with me hunting. Before we went today, when she got off the bus she asked, daddy can I go hunting and that must makes me feel so special. If anyone has kids, take them. Just the time together in the woods is priceless 8)

now, I get to go out on big buck quests for the end of the week LOL :D Though I would love to have her in the tree with me, I just have a feeling I wouldnt get a shot at a wallhanger while she's thinking about chicken nuggets LOL

hopefully next year I can start her shooting a small bow and gun :D
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

That's great, Crazy! You're a blessed man to have her to take ... cherish every moment with her! :D

Get out the Fry-Daddy, and teach her to eat tenderloin nuggets! :wink:
Grizz
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've been taking my 7 year old son along this year. Bought a double stand and a youth size full body harness for him. First time up he was a bit nervous about the height (12' to the foot platform), but now he loves it. I did rig a rope with a prussic knot attachment so he's attached from the ground up.
We went hunting this morning, and the McDonald's thinking must be a part of all kids thinking these days. :lol: Had to have a cinnamon melt after the hunt. :wink:
No deer sightings recently (we set another hight temp record today) because of the heat (I hope that's the only reason), but we were entertained by birds, squirrels, and chipmunks, and even had a turkey gobbling in the distance!

It's a great feeling to have them along, but it can be a little more difficult to see deer. :roll:
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

McDonalds problems?

No problem!

Just live 50 miles away from one, like I do! :D
Grizz
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

Now thats a smile
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi, she did well untill about 30 mins before dark and then thats when she got into the chicken nugget phase :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

They might figure, "I was nice to dad by going hunting with him, now's a good time to seek a reward!" :lol:
My son usually waits until we're back at the truck then mentions we might as well drive past McDonalds on the way home.
Last night I had chipolte snack wraps and he had McNuggets for supper. :roll:
wabi