Bancroft/Baptiste Lake????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Bancroft/Baptiste Lake????

Post by chris4570 »

Anyone ever been to Baptiste Lake in Bancroft? What can you tell me about it. I'm going this weekend, I know what kind of fish are supposed to be there, but that's about it.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Haven't been, but I wish I could! :D
Grizz
kinger

Post by kinger »

offers some 36 miles of boating. The maximum depth is about 32 meters. Fish species include Lake Trout, Muskellunge, Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass and Walleye. Never fished it but have heard it is decent
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

There are some big fish in the lake if you know where to go and I wish I could tell ya the spots. The eye population was in real trouble a few years back, not sure if I'd be keeping them. Do see a lot of guys fishing by the high falls dam.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I went there this summer once. It's an awesome lake.

Didn't catch too many big bass, and the weather was pretty crappy... but we had a few huge pike break us off. I had one bass hit my Matzuo Spit'N'Sputter topwater bait and he had to be atleast 8lb's. But he felt the hook and didn't hit again. :(

I can't wait to try the lake again next summer.
Last edited by TYE on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I've actually got my own little secret lake I'm planning a bit of a trip to next year for opening of bass season. Maybe someone would like to tag along? Maybe a forum thing with a shore lunch?
MADMAX2

Bancroft/Babtiste lake

Post by MADMAX2 »

Babtiste is a great lake for bass and musky and if you have time head into elephant lake not deep but when the fish are on the bite its also good!!Drift through the weed beds with a minnow.
WhiteTail

Post by WhiteTail »

Ive fished a few tournaments on those two lakes. There are some giant bass in there. Ive only fished mid summer so i can't help you on fall fishing.

The walleye population was hurting a few years back, the cottagers association there has been helping it along with w few programs and I have heard it is helping.

I've hit some serious Northern action in some of the open water weed beds!!

Its a great all-round lake