exocet- carved tips

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

whateverworks

exocet- carved tips

Post by whateverworks »

just had to change my string today for the first time. and the new one was about 1" shorter than the used one (didn't break, just the serving wrecked). my question is... how far should the string be , at rest, from the end of the rail ? thanks in advance.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

If you're shooting a carved tip Exocet and replaced the string for the first time - you're doing pretty good. No string company's making money on you. :lol:

I think mine used to sit around an inch from the riser. What's with the new string being an inch shorter though? Was the old one stretched that much or maybe un-twisted? Where did your last string sit on the rail?

Jay
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Anywhere between the two brace marks on the rail is fine. :D
Grizz
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

With the older bows with carved tips you will be running dacron string on it .So with the stretchiness of the string you will be safe with 1.00" from the riser .The carved tip models they did not have the brace height scribed in the mainframe .
Boo

Post by Boo »

Its a great bow, I still have mine. :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
whateverworks

Post by whateverworks »

thanks guys, Ya that string took a pile of shots. i don't shoot a lot for fun, or at deer it seems<haha> prob. a couple dozen a year total, maybe more. I should have measured before removing the old one. assuming it was still right.. this one is 1 1/16" from the riser and the string is 1 twist every 3 inchs. So i guess its good for now. will i have to twist it more after i shoot it a bit to keep it around an inch?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have Miss Vixen, a 1999 carved tip a no brace lines. I just keep string at 1 1/8" from riser.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315