Team Va 6pt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Team Va 6pt

Post by crazyfarmer »

finally decided to take a deer that I debated on for 5-10mins this afternoon. I had a little 4pt walk 10yards from me around 5pm today and head on up the bottom I was hunting. Then around 6 I heard a scraping sound like a trukey was scratching. I didnt think much of it but then I heard a snap and then the light walking of a deer. All of a sudden about 27 yards away I saw a big body deer and antlers with good mass. But he only had 6pts. I watched him rub a tree for 5mins and finally decided to let the bolt fly since dog hunters would definitly take him. He's 19 3/4ths wide with 7inch bass measurements! A good 3.5-4 year old buck. I didnt weigh him, but from past experience he should come in around 175-180 pounds. He's going on a board since im not gonna shoot anything I wont atleast put on a board. I actaully have his left side shed from last year and he grow about 2inches all around, but stayed a 6pt. Ironically this is the same stand I took my biggest 6pt ever from last year which scored 138B&C. Hense this stand is now dubbed the 6pt stand LOL :D

Its 2 bucks far bigger in the woods im hunting, but i wanted to get one under my belt and this is a fine one to start with. I might score him and add him to team Va's total, but im pretty sure ill get something bigger yet :D

I didnt get a pic with the xbow in it since I was rushed to get him process tonight, but since its bow season only her ein Va right now, everyone should know LOL. I can get one tomorrow with his head and the bow if needed(if I score him)

6pt from same stand last year(same gene pool)
MG

Post by MG »

Wow thats a real nice 6 point. Those two deer are definatly very similar, congrats on a nice buck.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

MG wrote:Wow thats a real nice 6 point. Those two deer are definatly very similar, congrats on a nice buck.
thanks, he's a mature buck no doubt. Just wish he had 4 more pts coming off those antlers LMAO...

if anyone is curious, I tested the rage 100gr 3 blade heads and I clipped the front left shoulder, and clipped part of the right shoulder(slightly above heart) and got a perfect pass through. The bhead was destroyed and the deer only went 45 yards and fell in a stream. Im sold on these heads since they hit dead on mark, blood trailing was AWESOME(didnt have to look for spots here and there lol), and the entry and exit wounds was HUGE.
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats!! I love the wide spread on that bucks antlers!!
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Staghunter

Post by Staghunter »

Really nice 6! Congrats!!!
tracer

Post by tracer »

Congrat's, he's a beaut.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!
Very nice rack even if it only has 6 points. I've seen a few 10 point racks you could set inside that one!
wabi
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Sweet 6,,,, Congrats
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer . . .I like that one! You are lucky to get that gene pool. I took a three point on a ridge one year to take him out of the gene pool . . .one fork and one broken off. The next year I shot the identical rack on a different deer . . . much rather have those big horn 6 pointers! I don't hunt on the 3 point ridge anymore . . . :lol: A neighbor takes a nice ten point about every year . . .go figure. :evil:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

sumner4991 wrote:crazyfarmer . . .I like that one! You are lucky to get that gene pool. I took a three point on a ridge one year to take him out of the gene pool . . .one fork and one broken off. The next year I shot the identical rack on a different deer . . . much rather have those big horn 6 pointers! I don't hunt on the 3 point ridge anymore . . . :lol: A neighbor takes a nice ten point about every year . . .go figure. :evil:
they are definitly different.. I always have a thing for big 6's since 8's are the norm for big deer everywhere. The pics dont do this deer's base size justice. I can barely get my hand around the base below the G1. Espically with a bow, he's a big deer. I was impressed with the FAT on this buck also. I didnt expect much do to the drought here but the acorns must have made up for no corn and bean crops.

thanks for the comments and goodluck to everyone else also.. seems the pre rut has started here.. im looking for the peak of the rut to be around nov 10th-13th this year in Va 8)
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Good buck, Crazy! :D
Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on the nice 6 pt. he is a good one.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

Big 6, congrats!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Way to go CF............CONGRATS.

Rich
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Wow!!!!!! What a nice 6 point. Congratulations. :wink: