POI

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

navaman

POI

Post by navaman »

this morning i twisted my flemish string two turns because it seemed to have streched. this afternoon my elevation is still perfect but windage is way off to the right. i shot 24 shots and didn't mess with the scope at all but i'm wonderering how many more shots it will take before the string is streched to where it needs to be? how 'bout it someone.

p.s. this is not a new string
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
TYE

Post by TYE »

Usually I shoot my bow for a bout 10-15 minutes, then let it sit over night and then make some more twists and it usually stays in the same spot after that.
hawg hunter

POI

Post by hawg hunter »

I jus t twisted my string did 't notice any left and right change just up down due to change in speed. check your scope to see if its loose. what type of scope , if I remember a post once from you it was a leopold scope, they are preety hard to knock off. Loose mts or rings. Hows work in Angelo. Ronnie
navaman

Post by navaman »

it's a weaver K2.5 and i just remembered what happened. the other day i did take off the scope to wrap it in black cloth tape. way too much glare. anyway, i left the rings on it but took off the adjustment covers. that's what happened. boy sometimes you guys answer questions without answererin them. if you know what i mean. :wink: and ronnie the work iiiis going great. we should be busy for the next 8 weeks and because of the way my boys are flat out smokin' on production i feel we're gonna be alright. thanks for asking. hope everything is well with you too. :D
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
TYE

Post by TYE »

I been thinking of putting camo tape on my scope but I dunno...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I just paint mine using primer gray from spray can.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Be sure to twist your string evenly from both sides. Twisting only one can cause POI changes.
Re coverng scope, I made a cover from a Real Tree hanky. It's sewn in front to go tightly around optic bell then open the rest of the way. Made it to overlap a bit in back. It's held in place in back with a thick rubber band and some camo cloth tape. Works great.