242 lb. Monster 8 point

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'll bet there are some relieved does out there now! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Iamcdneh

Post by Iamcdneh »

I want one!

I'm just down the road from you in Shannonville. Nice to see a neighbor get such a nice trophy!
[img]http://ca.geocities.com/petergward/deer31.gif[/img]
catcher

Post by catcher »

Sorry it took so long to reply I was busy with the buck yestetrday getting him butchered and getting the head to the taxidermist. The reason he was so stiff in the pictures is because I shot him Saturday afternoon. And by the time I got help and a trailer it was 10:00 p.m. by the time he was hanging in the garage. It did get to minus -3 saturday night. and by the time I finally had help to get him down from the garage from where he was hanging to take pictures it was 3:oo p.m. on Sunday. He was very stiff in the neck it actually took a lot of effort to twist his head to take a sideways shot. But the rest of him was pretty moveable. If i pushed on his head it would go down but by it's own it would stay up. So that is why he is stiff in the picture because it was around 23 hours after I shot him.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

He may have looked stiff in that pose, but, that pose shows his size much better than any other pose I've seen lately. It's nice to see the full length.

That's a big boy!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
phenix45

Post by phenix45 »

AWESOME GREAT BUCK a monster buck
congradulation :)
come to see my vids
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=zone05hunter
kevin

Post by kevin »

I think he's a board record. All the years I've poked around here I haven't seen anything like that :shock: I sure hope you have a shot at his offspring in the future. Congrat's again on a giant :D
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003
kevin

Post by kevin »

I think he's a board record. All the years I've poked around here I haven't seen anything like that :shock: I sure hope you have a shot at his offspring in the future. Congrat's again on a giant :D
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

wow...congrats ...
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

All I can say is WOW :shock: Congratulations
rattler1

Post by rattler1 »

What a SUPER 8 Point!!!! Big Congats on this one. Do you have any pics of previous sheds? Were they 8 point also
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

Did you take the saddle off of him before or after you field dressed him. :lol: Great Buck that's the one I'm looking for. Good Luck Chris,
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

im speechless........i say nothing, damn. congratulations!!
catcher

Post by catcher »

I do have his sheds from last year and I was mad that when I took the pictures of him I was going to hold his sheds beside him. But my help was not happy about all the lifting and all the pictures. And i felt very rushed with the whole process. Then I told my help that after we take all the pictures that we got to re hang him up in my garage. So I forgot to hold them up. But they are basically exactly the same except this year they are a lot bigger. The funny thing is I killed him 80 yards or so from where I found his Sheds. And his sheds were about 60 yards apart in the spring when I found them. But I will take a picture of them tonight and post either tomorow or Monday. Beleive it or not but he was not the buck I was after. Last year I had a 165 class ten point heading straight for me and he stopped at 60 yards and looked past me for ten minutes then he turned and walked away. Then about 3 or 4 minutes later a pack of coyotes came through from where he was looking. If it was not for the coyotes I might have had that one last fall. So really I was after the ten pointer this fall. But I think the one I got this fall had a much bigger body. I ate two of his loin chops last night. And was expecting the worse. But actually tasted pretty good just a bit tough. Not like those young ones you can cut with a fork. He is definetly a tropy eight pointer.
kevin

Post by kevin »

nice to hear you have a few big one's to choose from. Keep up the good work.
leaf fan

Post by leaf fan »

That is one HUGE buck.Congrats