23 point Ohio Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

diesel

23 point Ohio Buck

Post by diesel »

Sorry I can not post the link. Here it is if some one else will post.

blog.cleveland.com/pdworld/2007/11/deer_in_ohio.html
This was in the Plain Dealer Nov. 27.

[img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/ ... e_deer.jpg[/img][/img]
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

What a monster! That rack is a real mess!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
bobbyvee

Post by bobbyvee »

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!
Bob Veracka
Callaway MD
kevin

Post by kevin »

theres about 3 I've seen taken during shotgun season that are nice here.

I think numbers are down this year for gun season. I regret passing on 2 nice 8's waiting for a big 10 I have on trail cam. I am old and should no better by now :wink:

Maybe this years tag won't be filled, I kinda got caught up in head hunting this year :?
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

kevin wrote:Maybe this years tag won't be filled, I kinda got caught up in head hunting this year :?
I have passed on a lot of bucks. I have had nine "shooters" within arrow range. The only shot I have taken this year is the one I screwed up with the limb of the phoenix hitting the tree I was in. And that deer is a major buck. At least I hope he still "is" and has survived this weeks gun hunt.

There is a feeling you get when you let a nice buck walk. I'm sure you felt it Kev when you let the earlier bucks walk. It is really a good feeling. It's the knowledge that you could have had a nice buck, but you went for the brass ring.

We "headhunters" do not grab that brass ring every year. I think that is a good thing. In me, it only intensifies my desire. It makes me actually enjoy what I do even more.

I will re-live my encounter with the B&C buck on November 18th. It will carry me through the entire year until opening day next October. (That is if I don't run into him again yet this year, we go until the end of January.) I will also remember every buck I passed on this year.

If you popped one of those lesser bucks this season you really wouldn't have been happy. I bet you would have second guessed yourself everyday of the remaining season. And what if Mr. Big shows up after you have your Ohio one buck limit and walks under your tree? Talk about wanting that tag back!
kevin wrote: I am old and should no better by now
You are and you do. That is precisely why you passed on those eights.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike P wrote:If you popped one of those lesser bucks this season you really wouldn't have been happy. I bet you would have second guessed yourself everyday of the remaining season
well said... I sadly have done that before.. I shot a few years before that I thought were big enough. They looked nice for the first few hours after the kill, but days later I kicked myself for shooting them

I always get a good rush knowing that I had one close enough but let walk nowadays though:)

if you have to think if he's big enough to shoot.. chances are he isnt but will be next year;)
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Mike P wrote:
"If you popped one of those lesser bucks this season you really wouldn't have been happy. I bet you would have second guessed yourself everyday of the remaining season"
Sure glad we dont have that problem down here with our 2 buck a day limit...but then again...we dont have bucks like that down here either.

Jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Country

Post by Country »

It's OK to pass on those lesser 8 pointers, just remember where you saw them for next year. The eight you pass up this year maybe the 10 point trophy you bag next time. It's nice to end the day saying you could have got three 8 pts. but let them walk. Im doing OK with the bigger deer and thats because I remember where I saw them when they were smaller. Right now I know where to find six 8 pts. that I will check out next year. By the way, those buck tags taste pretty good with a little BBQ sause.
saxman

Post by saxman »

looks kinda like the Amish buck from last year.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011