winter is here!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

winter is here!

Post by wabi »

Looks like it's finally arrived in southern Ohio this morning....

Been setting inside listening to the scanner tuned to police/fire/emergency channels, and the amount of car crashes indicate:
A. - Not a good day to be on the road.
B. - A lot of people don't have enough common sense to have driver's licenses.
C. - Cops aren't any different than everyone else, (one cruiser stuck on a hill, too. :lol: ) but they complain louder! - Get a salt truck out to my location right now!!!!!!!!! :roll:

(Let me explain my comments a little further. One particularly bad hill here in our community has a bad curve in the road as you go up the hill. I have been driving for over 40 years now, and figured out long ago if I'm going to go up that hill in bad (snow/ice) conditions get a start that's fast enough to have momentum, but no so fast you slide off the road. If there is a car ahead of you - wait until they make it up before you try! If you're on their bumper and they get stuck - you're stuck, too! The cop was in the middle of a 5-car string stuck in the middle of the hill. :roll: :lol: )
wabi
kevin

Post by kevin »

looks the same up here in N.E.Ohio. I'm headed out this afternoon and check where there moving with this fresh snow :D
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003
bbbwb

Winter is hear

Post by bbbwb »

wabi -- You mention a hill in your area. Have you ever noticed that under the adverse winter conditions when drivers are heading to a destination that may involve a hill, they never think to drive an extra block or mile via a route that is less problematic and arrive easily and unstressed?
It is also comparable to trying to make a left turn at an uncontrolled intersection when traffic is extremely busy instead of going right and around the block to a traffic light to avoid the hassle and delay.
People are funny!!!!
bbbwb
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Same thing here wabi. We got 5 inches down now but it is tapering off. It was a real damp snow that packed to ice on the roads. Accidents all over. One lady flipped her SUV over on the way to work but she is fine. The EMT"S at work said all available Ambulances were out and it still wasnt enough. Posed to warm up for the weekend and it should melt the roads anyway.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

We don't get snow often but when we do it is hysterical. I think the last time it snowed we got about 2-3 inches and the school system shut down as well as most government offices. If you had a 4x4 you made plenty of quick cash :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Big John

pic

Post by Big John »

That's a very cool pic Wabi.
Only thing missing is the Buck resting under it!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]