DO YOU SHOOT ALUMINUM OR CARBON

CARBON
75%
ALUMINUM
25%

Total votes: 55

fletch

Post by fletch »

I have used GT II carbon on 4 deer and many targets andyes have hit the ground twice, only 1 bolt broke. It broke because it was a finishing shot 5yds away and passed through hitting a stone under him.
Dimteni

Post by Dimteni »

I shoot Beaman Thunderbolt carbons and have been happy so far although I have had 4 break inside the game. This is a great thread, it is good to hear about the choices of all you experienced hunters out there. Thanks
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Aluminum for me. Been shooting 20" 2216 with 100 grain Wasp. Killed my 30th deer this year with a crossbow and have had only one aluminum break in a deer. It was a 2117 about 12 years ago. Can't justify the extra expense. "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it and cause more problems."
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Well this being my first year to Xbow, I can't offer much,,,,1st deer this past year shot 40-45 yards, 2216 XX75 broke in shoulder after deer buckled and bulldozed a few yards. 2nd deer 12 yard shot, was with the Easton Firebolt complete pass through no damage to shaft.

Now I have 1/2doz. Custom Greywolf Arrows (sorry for the impatience Greywolf) I will post about them after shooting.
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
JRS

Post by JRS »

I thought that Firebolts were made by Easton, not Gold Tip as stated in the first post. :?
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Made by Easton for Excalibur,,,,,Think that's the deal,,,,,,,
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

I seemed to always be bending aluminum shafts left and right. Mainly from me taking out of target I guess. Been using carbons for about four years now and have taken I think four deer with the carbons and have not broke a shaft yet, first three years with Horton carbons and this year with GT II'S. But I do not take compromising shots, all are lung shots or its nothing for me. SO far I like the carbons but I am always willing to changed if it can be proved different to me.