Question to you guys who have a lease>??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntman

Question to you guys who have a lease>??

Post by huntman »

Well i was told by a farmer that i have permission to hunt his property that he would be intersted in leasing me the land to hunt. I have never done this before so i have no clue on what to do and for that fact neither does he. This are the questions i have and i hope someone can help me out:

- How do you determine a price? for example is it based on how large the property is? This is the big question because i obviously dont want to over pay him but at the same time i want him to be satisfied or he will be offering the land to someone else the following year!

- I know all land owners are always worried about liability can we include something that removes all liabilty off him?

- Is it based on a year to year or multiple years?

Any help would be appreciated i know based on reading some post that this is more popular with the guys south of the border but its only a matter of time that it will be here in Canada!
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Goggle - Hunting Land leases

you'll get the idea. Make sure the Contract only allows you and your visitors. I have heard this now that farmers are trying to get money from all hunters hunting their land, so if he has a few different guys , he could be asking everyone thinking its like a tresspass fee to hunt his land.

I had a farmer here that used to ask me the same thing every year. it is not just me but a number of people local and tresspassers and all. When I hit him with a lease agreement saying I was the only person to hunt the land after signing , the idea disapeared quick...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

In Tennessee I paid $225 to deer hunt 400 acres,,, there were 5 of us on the lease and the guys that were in it with me still hunt it, They get it on a year to year lease and can also turkey hunt it in the spring.
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done