Aholes at it again!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Aholes at it again!!!

Post by chris4570 »

Went to do some scouting yesterday, and grab one of my stands. Wasn't going to happen. Some disrespectful SOB decided that my treesteps were more valuable to him than me. Took my ratchet straps as well. One day I would love to catch them redhanded.

Well I figured I would check on one of Ecoasters stands which was nearby. Same thing. All the treesteps gone!!

On the plus side our stands were locked up, so they were still there. But who knows if they will still be there next time I go to get them.

How much trouble would one get in if they booby trapped their steps?? :twisted:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
the elf

Post by the elf »

Whatever you do-------DON`T ---------tell anybody what you are doing.Much safer for you----if you know what I mean.
huntman

Post by huntman »

Are these stands and steps on private or public land?
Boo

Post by Boo »

You will be prosecuted. It is a criminal act to do so. You may also face litigation. Better to capture the person on film than to live with any permanent injuries that you may cause the idiot.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
rutman

Post by rutman »

Sorry for your loss! The world is full of scum anymore. Take your stands down immediately.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

huntman wrote:Are these stands and steps on private or public land?
Public. Although it doesn't seem to matter. I've got stands on some private land, and footprints in the snow indicate others were hunting where they should not have been. No wonder it is so hard to get permission.

Boo; As much as I would like to, I wouldn't send someone tumbling off my steps. But maybe some tar or other nice sticky substance.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"It CAN Be Done!"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Poison Ivy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
huntman

Post by huntman »

Boo wrote:Poison Ivy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's an Idea!!
huntman

Post by huntman »

chris4570 wrote:
Public. Although it doesn't seem to matter. I've got stands on some private land, and footprints in the snow indicate others were hunting where they should not have been. No wonder it is so hard to get permission.

Boo; As much as I would like to, I wouldn't send someone tumbling off my steps. But maybe some tar or other nice sticky substance.
On public land i think things get a little sticky. A hypethetical question ... If i was walking through the bush where yours and ecoaster's stands are and i decided to hunt from those stands (during hunting season) what law am i breaking? Those stand are on public property so dont they become avalibale for use by the public? Please dont think im implying i would or have done that... i hunt on private property and have been lucky enough not to have to deal with tresspassers .... im just wondering what you guys think?
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I don't really care if someone uses my stand when I'm not there. Obviously, because I leave the steps in. But I do think it is pretty low for someone to steal the stuff.

They are on public land, but I still own the stand and steps!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

huntman wrote:
chris4570 wrote:

On public land i think things get a little sticky. A hypethetical question ... If i was walking through the bush where yours and ecoaster's stands are and i decided to hunt from those stands (during hunting season) what law am i breaking? Those stand are on public property so dont they become avalibale for use by the public? Please dont think im implying i would or have done that... i hunt on private property and have been lucky enough not to have to deal with tresspassers .... im just wondering what you guys think?
No it would not be illegal to hunt from the stands, although it is still our property, no less so than our vehicles. Wouldn't you think??

Stealing our steps, is not legal.

I'd be really pissed to find someone sitting in my stand. The stand that I either bought or made. The stand that I lugged out into the woods and secured to a tree. The steps I bought and put up the tree. The scouting efforts I made. The placement of the stand to most benefit from those scouting efforts. Trimming shooting lanes. I am not a guide so my work is for myself and Ecoaster.

Imagine hunting bear over bait. You've spent weeks gathering rotten food, donuts, replenishing the bait pile on weekends so when you take your hard-earned weeks hunting vacation you chances of success are high. Only you get there to find footprints in the mud leading to your stand and a gut pile a little ways from the bait. Didn't happen to me, but this is not fiction.

Where is our etiquette and respect these days??

"It CAN Be Done!"
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

I have to agree with ecoaster and huntman. If the steps or ladder stand is there and you have permission to be hunting on the land I can't see the problem. If you don't want someone else to use your stuff take it home each day when you are finished. I have never used anyone elses ladders etc. but I would never say I would not under some circumstances. Never try to do a fellow hunter harm it will surely backfire and you and your family will be the ones to suffer. Stay within the law. :wink:
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

That sucks man. It's a sad world we live in. I don't know why it is that people think that just because they find something like a tree stand or ladder steps unattended in the woods that they can just take them. They obviously belong to someone.

Maybe look into getting some of those Gorilla climbing sticks. You can set up your ladder out of reach and then use one of the Gorilla sticks to get to it. Take the Gorilla stick with you when you leave and hopefully that will keep the rest of your ladder and stand safe. Either that or if you can just remove the bottom section from you ladder and take it.

I know that you shouldn't have to do this but as we know there are people out there that are going to take your stuff if you don't.

Dave
Big John

stealing

Post by Big John »

Had the same problem on private property for years. Then started removing all steps to stands and leaving only the stand twenty feet up . Then I started to catch tresspassers whenever I could go out. After the third time, and giving very harsh warnings to say the least, including charging them with tresspass. I have not had a problem in three seasons. All the neighbors know about me now, and tell anyone who goes out, to stay away from my place. :wink: :) I am a nice guy to get along with , but when confronting these people I act like I'm a bit "Crazy", that really keeps them off guard. Help's when your a "Big" guy as well. :evil:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Sorry about your steps There are so many LAZY SOB'S in the world today To Lazy to work so they STEAL from those of us that do!!!! I agree that Poison Oak would be the solution but do not forget you have it there and fall into your own TRAP :lol: