Therapy for John

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kendo kid

Therapy for John

Post by kendo kid »

Hey John, since you R.J. and I are hooked on Late Winter hunts for geese. I found something yesterday at the Toronto Sportsman Show that is just unusual enough to suit our needs. I have found one good outfitter in Northern Manitoba who will do a Spring Snow Goose hunt for us. We are allowed a possesssion of 80 birds per person and can shoot as much as we can eat beyond that. 5 day hunt. It would be the best goose hunt we ever had. Even better than last years two hunts in Ontario. It is on the edge of Hudson's Bay and the weather will be tough as it is not a Fall hunt. It will be Late Winter Early Spring depending on what a person's idea of winter is. However, there will be almost nobody else there and we will experience the far north like few ever get to see it. The Snows need to have the populations decreased and R.J. you and I are just the folks to help do our part. There is room for 3 more folks to join us if they have the gear and courage. Snow camo is not a must but it will help. Cold weather gear is a must. John, bring lots of shell if you are shooting like you were a couple of weeks ago. Like we say, there are not many hunters as serious as the three of us. This trip may prove there are not many hunters as crazy as us. If there are a couple of other goose hunters interested please PM me and we can talk.

Kendo
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
TPM

Post by TPM »

Sadly, trips like that may be the only way to get in late season goose hunting for us Southern Ontario people from now on. As a result of allowing Sunday gun hunting the February goose hunt is being elimintated in many parts of Ontario. There is a limit to the total number of days that goose season may be open any given season and since Sunday gun hunting is opening up in more and more areas every year the CWS is eliminating the late season hunts to accomadate this.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Big John

hunt

Post by Big John »

Boy that is some therapy!! :!:
However, I can not attend. :cry: :cry:
I'm only pumping 45% now, and that trip requires full power. :wink:
I would love nothing more than going way up there for a Great Goose hunt. But, Until I get clearance from the Cardiologist, and Wife, I wont be going anywhere yet. But I will be doing Turkey, count on that. :wink: :)
Your a good man Jon! Thank you for looking out for me, and our interests.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

When I was up in the arctic last summer we had thousands of snows passing by each day. Pretty neat to wake up in the morning and see them by the hundreds, bedded on the slopes each day.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Big John

Hunt

Post by Big John »

For those of you who might be interested in this. I posted I could not go because of health at present. However It was my understanding the hunt was for this spring. Wrong. :oops: This Hunt is for Spring of 2009. And "I will" be able to go. 8) :) This is an Exceptional Hunt opportunity. "I will" be there if all goes as planned. Thank you Jon.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]