Relayer Y25 is bringing me back!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Northern

Relayer Y25 is bringing me back!

Post by Northern »

Hello Gentleman, I’m sure it’s been several years since I last visited here, but a quick look around shows me that a lot of the long timers are still here!

For no particular reason I brought up the Excalibur web page a couple days ago and WOW, the new Relayer Y25!! I quickly read down the page, limited edition, was I two late? A phone call later and I had one secured, then I informed a buddy about it and he ordered one also.

Can’t wait to get it!

So a question or 2 for those in the know,

I’ve ordered a doz of the new Excalibur/Easton bolts. What weight will the shafts be? I’ve been assured that they are far superior to the Gold tips of years ago, any comments?

The new Lumi-zone scope will grace my new bow, anyone using one, I have a vari-zone on my Vixen, great scope!

Any others have a Relayer Y25 on order?

Good to be back,

Darrin
Ft McMurray
Alberta
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome back, Darrin! :D

I'm sure someone has some of the new bolts and can tell you about them.

Lots of Lumi-zones out there ... same thing goes.

Yes, I've read of others who are "expecting" a new arrival in the family! :wink:
Grizz
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

The Relayer Y25 is an Exocet 200 with a wooden stock. The Easton Firebolts weigh more than the GoldTip Laser II, stronger and a lot better. The Lumizone, has the same Varizone sightings features (10 20 30 40 50 yds), but improves on light gathering qualities (40mm objective lens) and with its illuminated crosshairs is great in dawn and dusk situations.

Hope that helps.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

I believe the firebolts weigh 380grs. with a 100gr tip...hope this helps.
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hello and Welcome back :D I own a Lumizone and just love it only scope i would own for my Exocet 200 :!: I upgraded from a Verizone I love it for the low light ability of the scope, I am sure you will love it :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Look what the cat drug in! ;)

HI Darrin!!

Glad to see you back on here.

Have you been knocking down any of those big old Alberta bucks?

I was up in Alberta last fall on a pretend "moose hunt". Post rut crossbw hunt chasing a depleted population (winter kill) of moose. 10 days of hunting and only about a dozen moose spotted. I did sneak up on a 2 year old to about 70 yards before he spooked.

Let's hear about some of your hunting adventures since you last posted. Pictures too....

WW
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Northern

Post by Northern »

Hey Woody, good to hear from you! Where about were you hunting moose? I know some areas have been crap for moose hunting the last few years. McMurray ( my stomping grounds) is one of them. Wolfs, bears, ticks have all taken there toll. I’ve managed to still keep my freezer full, but just barely.

I’m still chasseing the elusive B/C buck, I have had lots of fun taking out my nephews and friends. Took my first elk 2 seasons ago. Real special hunt with my Father in-law. Great time, great memories.

Probably the best thing I was up too lately is we went to Africa last year! I’ve dreamed of Africa for so long, it finally became realty and it was every thing I dreamed of. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I’ve booked another trip for next year. Can’t wait!

The new Relayer and a buddy who wants to get into crossbows, has renewed my interest in the sport. I can’t wait till it gets here, sure looks sweet from the pictures.

Darrin
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I was hunting close to Valleyview. It was with Red Willow Outfitters.

This was archery (crossbow) post rut. Bulls would very seldom even answer much less come take a look see at the bellowing "cow". The guide said it would be a miracle if we stumbled up on one and got off a shot at it. Basically we needed to see it before it saw us, the wind have to right and stayed right, and the moose was coming our way. Sort of Jupitor aligning with Mars type of thing.

We did do a belly crawl trying to close the gap on a young bull before he spotted the three of us. It was tough enough for one person to put a stalk on one with having a guide and a video camera man along too. We had him ranged at 72 yards, but could not get any closer. My yardages were set at 40, 50 and 60. I could not bring myself to hold that high for a 72 yard shot - even at that big of a target.

The outfitter said that they had a winter kill of 30%. He said it was due mainly to the tick infestation.

I would love to archery hunt them in the rut.

Any movement on completely legalizing crossbows in archery season in Alberta?

It is sure good to hear from you again.

Don't be a stranger.

WW
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]