european phesant hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hatchet jack

european phesant hunt

Post by hatchet jack »

anyone ever been on a european phesant hunt, my first time yesterday wasnt sure if i would enjoy or not ,,,, it was ok but wouldnt care for it too often this guy had 130 roosters he had to git rid of or feed them all summer
he said he would lose a bird a day if he kept them, they will kill each other. anyway we came home with 9 birds .

hatchet jack
they say he is still up there.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I have never heard of it, What is it all about? Need a little bit more detail Please?
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

there is a tower & around this tower are 10 to 12 large bales of hay 100yards out from the tower in a circle , the guys with shotguns are behind the bales people in the tower which is 40 feet high throw the phesants up & they start flying. you would be surprised how many dont get touched ,,then after that they take dogs & go after the ones that got away,,,,,

h.j.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I never would have thought you were hunting in Kansas lol.......glad somebody else asked the question. I smacked quite a few with my car in S. Germany when I was stationed there. I drove through agricultural areas to/from home....they were a nuisance. Never pursued hunting them there though...
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Interesting never heard of that type of hunting :? The big question is did you enjoy it?
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

dick, did i enjoy it .? well it was a first for me. i didnt think i would because it isnt real hunting,but my walking days for pheasant are over with. i would say it was ok but something i wouldnt do on a regular basis. it cost $ 56.00 bucks ,then the birds are devided up. we killed 111 out of 130 roosters.

h.j.