new "FIREBOLT" weight ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowking

new "FIREBOLT" weight ?

Post by xbowking »

OK i have been looking back at old posts trying to find out what these new "FIREBOLTS" weigh , half of the people are saying 285 right out of the box and half are saying 325 right out of the box,
Can someone with a scale that has "FIREBOLTS" please weigh one and tell me what they really weigh , no tip , JUST the arrow with the inserts and fletching , Thanks.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
BigBear

Re: new "FIREBOLT" weight ?

Post by BigBear »

xbowking wrote:OK i have been looking back at old posts trying to find out what these new "FIREBOLTS" weigh , half of the people are saying 285 right out of the box and half are saying 325 right out of the box,
Can someone with a scale that has "FIREBOLTS" please weigh one and tell me what they really weigh , no tip , JUST the arrow with the inserts and fletching , Thanks.
Hi..on my digital scale all weigh in at 275grs.
20" bolt with 4" vanes..hope this helps
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Too light for my liking, do you know if they make any with brass inserts. I prefer my arrows to weigh in the 420-450 gr. range.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

ComfyBear wrote:Too light for my liking, do you know if they make any with brass inserts. I prefer my arrows to weigh in the 420-450 gr. range.
I did call archers nook yesterday and they said they are going to see if they can order them in with no insert in front and we can put our own brass in them , but i dont think they will be made with brass in them, i will call them back and see if they can get them with no inserts .
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

ComfyBear wrote:Too light for my liking, do you know if they make any with brass inserts. I prefer my arrows to weigh in the 420-450 gr. range.
I'll be using a 145gr. tip which puts it at a total weight of 420grs.
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

BigBear wrote:
I'll be using a 145gr. tip which puts it at a total weight of 420grs.
Im switching to them using 125gr tip with 2" blazers and they weigh 391gr on the new scale i just got today , i might try to get some of those brass washers to put one behind my tips i think they are 5gr, im shooting a Exocet 175lb and using a Dacron Boo string , i cronyed them today and they go 295fps , i can get alot more speed if i put on a FFF string or excel like 306 . but i need to stay under 300 for 3D tournaments (maybe) depends if OAA changes it or not .
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Michael Stogre

Which bolt/arrows are people referring to?

Post by Michael Stogre »

I'm just wondering if the differing weights results from a comparison of
different bolts/arrows.

Easton makes two versions of the power bolt. the Carbon realtree power
bolt shaft weighs 11.3 grains per inch which gives you a shaft wt of 226.
Their insert and flatback knock total another 80 grains. Their diamond vanes closest to 4'' weigh approximately 8 grains each for a grand total of 330 +/- 2 grains.

The plain Carbon power bolt weighs 10.5 grains per inch for a shaft total of of 210 grains. Adding in the inserts and vanes as above gives us a total
of 314 grains.

With 2 inch blazer vanes & a 125 grain field tip I am getting a total wt of 436 grains with the plain powerbolts.

Easton also makes the excalibur Firebolt seemingly in a lighter version still. Does this explain the differences in weight or is their another and
better explanation. I am presuming it is not due to production flaws like the Gold tips were beginning to exhibit.

This data is taken from their 2007 catalogue pp. 17 & 21

There have been complaints about the firebolt on this web site. But I can
attest that my six plain power bolts fly as well as any bolts I have shot
in the past.
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
KLS

Re: Which bolt/arrows are people referring to?

Post by KLS »

Michael Stogre wrote:I'm just wondering if the differing weights results from a comparison of
different bolts/arrows.

Easton makes two versions of the power bolt. the Carbon realtree power
bolt shaft weighs 11.3 grains per inch which gives you a shaft wt of 226.
Their insert and flatback knock total another 80 grains. Their diamond vanes closest to 4'' weigh approximately 8 grains each for a grand total of 330 +/- 2 grains.

The plain Carbon power bolt weighs 10.5 grains per inch for a shaft total of of 210 grains. Adding in the inserts and vanes as above gives us a total
of 314 grains.

With 2 inch blazer vanes & a 125 grain field tip I am getting a total wt of 436 grains with the plain powerbolts.

Easton also makes the excalibur Firebolt seemingly in a lighter version still. Does this explain the differences in weight or is their another and
better explanation. I am presuming it is not due to production flaws like the Gold tips were beginning to exhibit.

This data is taken from their 2007 catalogue pp. 17 & 21

There have been complaints about the firebolt on this web site. But I can
attest that my six plain power bolts fly as well as any bolts I have shot
in the past.

so the "old" firebolts and the new ones made for excalibur are different?from what I understand the powerbolts and the firebolts are the same shafts just with a different name, I shoot firebolts and I'd be very interested in knowing for sure if theres a difference between the "old" and "new" ones so I dont buy a batch of shafts only to find out theres a significant weight difference, and how to tell the two apart...

I like my firebolts(powerbolts), I have 75gr inserts, 125 points, cut down inserts for nocks(12gr) and feathers and I get roughly 435gr and 18%FOC, I also shoot 2213's that are built basically the same way except I use 85gr points instead of 125gr so the inserts are made heavier to make up the weight difference, they come out pretty much the same though, about 435gr with a FOC of around 18%
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

The Firebolt and the Powerbolt are 2 different arrows both made by Easton, Excalibur Had Easton make them there own ARROW called the "Firebolt" - 9.4gr per inch . The Powerbolt is a little heavier 10.5gn per inch . Dave.
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

thats the weight I make my GT2's at so it looks like I can just by the firebolt now and we work the vanes :D