Biopsy Results

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

Biopsy Results

Post by saxman »

My biopsy came back positive for the BK or Polyoma Virus and my Kidney is currently in rejection.Most people are exposed to this virus at a young age,the virus remains latent in your system and is kept at bay by a healthy immune system,by going on the drugs I am on it created a healthy environment for the virus to come alive and it attacked the new kidney
Starting Thursday I will be having IV therapy for 3 hours 1 x a week with a drug called Cidofovir for 4 weeks and also a steroid called Salumedrol for 3 days with Labs everyday.After this 4 weeks another biopsy will be done,if it is still in rejection then the process starts over again.A delicate balancing act is going on in that they have reduced my antirejection and immunosuppresive medication so my immune system can help fight the virus but this could cause my body to reject the kidney,also this IV medication is bad for kidneys.If it gets bad then after the IV treatments I will have to do 4 hours of Dialisys.This was not the news I wanted to hear but it must be dealt with NOW so deal with it I will.
Spirits are high and life is good,I have turned this over to God and the more than capable doctors at Mayo Clinic.
I will keep you all updated as this process goes on.
Prayers are being accepted and appreciated and please remember our other forum brothers and sisters and their famalies who are dealing with issues as well including my blood brother flbuckmaster.
Thanks all :D :D :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sorry to hear that Scott. You know we're all standing beside you. I glad to know your spirits are high so keep it there and keep us informed. We care about you immensely.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Fight it Sax , my thoughs are with you buddy ,hopeing for nothing but the BEST for you my friend , stay strong. Dave. :)
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Sax ...

So sorry to hear of your continued difficulties, buddy. I know well the insufficiency of words in such times as this, but I know too a sufficiency beyond words ... as you do yourself. I'm glad for your faith, my friend, and I applaud your willingness to walk on in the face of adversity. That's the spirit! Your good attitude is an inspiration to everyone.

You're in our prayers, hopes, and thoughts. :D
Grizz
Esox

Post by Esox »

We'll keep the prayers coming.... You keep fighting ......
Dimteni

Post by Dimteni »

Sorry to hear this news Scott. You will be in my prayers and trust that you will know true peace through this ordeal.

Kevin
Digger

Post by Digger »

Sorry to hear that Scott. You will be in our prayers till you are well.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Get Well Soon Scott! We're rooting for ya!!
"Eze 18:21"
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

As my family gathers to pray every evening, the name "Brother Scott" has become a name that we pray for on a daily basis. You hang in there brother, your faith is strong and the enemy doesn't like it so lets keep him on the run. :wink: You know that your family is here for you should you need anything.

Brother in Christ,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hang in there Scott and keep fighting, Our prayers are with you and your family. God Bless
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

My mother told me many years ago ," The Good Lord will give you no more trouble than you can bare ." You will be in my prayers .
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

Sorry to hear about the biopsy results. Our prayers are with you and your family. Keep the faith strong. You will never be alone. The doctors are to make your body strong , you have to never loose faith.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You sure have a lot of people who care about you Scott! Your strength and continued courage is very inspirational. Keep it up!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
diesel

Post by diesel »

So sorry things are not going so well Scott.
My prayers are with you and your family.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Scott,
I know you will be strong and do whatever it takes.
You will be in my prayers!
wabi