Arrows for Exomax Bow????????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Arrows for Exomax Bow????????

Post by dick195252 »

I know this has been covered many times please be patient with me :roll: :roll: [I am retired and 55 years old :? :? :lol: :lol: ] I just bought the Exomax and ordered a Boo string so i want to hear what you shoot out of your Exomax or Exomag bows? please be very specific and give weights shaft size and broad heads you use PLEASE :wink: Thank You all for your kindness and understanding in my time of Confusion :lol: :lol: [The only hard decisions i have in life right now are to make sure i put my teeth in every morning and what time to go watch the young Hotties at the Beach] Yes my wife knows i go look at the Hotties at the beach. She just tells me I wouln't no what to do if one came on to me any way :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
TYE

Re: Arrows for Exomax Bow????????

Post by TYE »

dick195252 wrote:: [The only hard decisions i have in life right now are to make sure i put my teeth in every morning and what time to go watch the young Hotties at the Beach] Yes my wife knows i go look at the Hotties at the beach. She just tells me I wouln't no what to do if one came on to me any way :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Seeing how you are considering making your own arrows (Arizona EZ fletch thread), it sounds like you would benefit from just buying blank carbon shafts opposed to removing the factory insert from pre made arrows.
I would recommend using carbon shafts (I like the GT's) aluminum nocks and brass inserts. With the 2" Blazer vanes I find that to be the most consistent arrow I have been able to come up with, so do many others.
A few other tools help, like the G5 arrow squaring device, for around $50 you be insured your nocks and inserts seat perfectly flush to the carbon.
Brass inserts can be purchased anywhere the carbon arrows are sold, when GT send the dealers the shafts they come with brass and aluminum inserts.
Making arrows is fun and a great way to spend an hour or two, not to mention very rewarding.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Rich

Post by Rich »

I second the raw shaft GT II's, aluminum nock, brass inserts and 2" Blazer vanes and 4" arrow wraps. Tipped one of these with a 100 grain broadhead (WASP Boss, Muzzy, Montec, Slick Trick are all very popular) and you have a deadly combo. With this setup mine average out somewhere @ 410 grains.

Rich
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Dick, I sent you a PM

Regards
Joe
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I'll second the notion of using GT Laxer II, 100 gr brass inserts (they also make 90's) 2" Blazers and a small 4 bladed broadhead for a fast bow (I like Slick Tricks mags) to prevent planing. Only I don't use wraps. Found it to be much easier, as well as cheaper, to spray the back 7" with white lacquer. Dries in no time, vanes stick well to it and it greatly enhances the visibility of your arrow in flight....without adding weight to the back of the arrow as wraps do. Lacquer comes right off with acetone. As a side benefit it makes removal of old glue much easier if the meed to re-fletch occurs.
ehntr

Re: Arrows for Exomax Bow????????

Post by ehntr »

dick195252 wrote:I know this has been covered many times please be patient with me :roll: :roll: [I am retired and 55 years old :? :? :lol: :lol: ] I just bought the Exomax and ordered a Boo string so i want to hear what you shoot out of your Exomax or Exomag bows? please be very specific and give weights shaft size and broad heads you use PLEASE :wink: Thank You all for your kindness and understanding in my time of Confusion :lol: :lol: [The only hard decisions i have in life right now are to make sure i put my teeth in every morning and what time to go watch the young Hotties at the Beach] Yes my wife knows i go look at the Hotties at the beach. She just tells me I wouln't no what to do if one came on to me any way :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well Dick.....your handle is out of sync. Shouldn't it be 195255? Your making 55 sound like.............old. My handle, using your code, would be 1955553 (better poker hand that yours). So in a couple years am I going to be in my time of confusion? :wink: :wink: :wink: Hotties on the beech..........last weekend was swimsuit weather here (23C) in AB but the lakes are still frozen over............and yesterday/today it has been a steady -10C temperature wise and it hasn't stopped snowing in two days!
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Cossack wrote: I'll second the notion of using GT Laxer II, 100 gr brass inserts (they also make 90's) 2" Blazers and a small 4 bladed broadhead for a fast bow (I like Slick Tricks mags) to prevent planing. Only I don't use wraps. Found it to be much easier, as well as cheaper, to spray the back 7" with white lacquer. Dries in no time, vanes stick well to it and it greatly enhances the visibility of your arrow in flight....without adding weight to the back of the arrow as wraps do. Lacquer comes right off with acetone. As a side benefit it makes removal of old glue much easier if the meed to re-fletch occurs.
Yet another vote for the above. Here's a link to cresting I bookmarked off of someones kindness to post it here a few years ago:

http://www.texastrackers.com/Videos/Arrows.wmv
"Eze 18:21"
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Excellent post Thank You for Shareing it with me. very helpful :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]