bad day with the block

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

bad day with the block

Post by mchurch »

I went out to test the slick trick and boltcutter broadheads that I just bought. I have been using "The block" broadhead target. I made a bad shot with one of the boltcutter broadheads and the arrow lodged in the bag target I had behind it. Normally they just pass right through the bag target so I was pretty surprised. I decided to move my block target to a new location and had it completely fall apart on me when I picked it up. The blades of the boltcutter had cut both of the straps on the left side of the target as it passed by:( Apparently these straps are what keeps the many layers compressed. Has anyone else had this happen? In my testing, the boltcutters flew better than the slick tricks.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
8up

Post by 8up »

Bummer but nothing a couple ratchet straps won't fix.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Kindly explain "flew better".....your off-target hits have me wondering. (A satisfied Slickster.)
peter p

Post by peter p »

What type of arrows are you using?
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I was using a firebolt. What I meant by "flew better" was how tight the groups were. I have made bad shots with montecs, wasp, slick tricks, american sonic, and boltcutters:( I am not trashing the slick tricks. They are very well made. I think I must have moved right before pulling the trigger. Honestly, I get to shoot at most once a week.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead