anybody have any info on trail cameras

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

anybody have any info on trail cameras

Post by mikej »

looking for a info as well as a place to buy for on trail cameras would like and IR instead of flash as well i ant to buy an STS for my phoenix any ideas where to get one in canada thanks

mike
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

cuddeback has finally produced a budget IR camera now since their no flash one costed 400bucks. The newer model is roughly 250 now. I own 2 of their excite models and love the photos and ease of use!

bass pro shops and cabela's sell them. I highly reccomend checking out ebay since I saves 100 bucks on eacch of my excites there new;)
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have a million and 1 uses for a trail cam, it is nice to hear they finally have something affordable in a model with no flash.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
farmer54

Post by farmer54 »

We have 3 trail cameras on the go. 2 bushnell's and 1 wildview. The bushnell 9204 is a great little camera but the flash goes out to about 15 ft. the wildview has a flash range of about 30 ft. The Bushnell 9204 and the Wildview we picked up about a month ago. The Bushnell 9833 we just picked up. Still adjusting that one. Great pictures so far. Looking forward to checking more pictures this weekend.
diesel

Post by diesel »

I can or you can build one heck of a trail cam for $100.00 and can build one of the best IR tail cams for about $200.00
You can buy a kit to build your own IR camera for $119.00 you just need to buy the camera to put with it.
It's fun and it's not hard to build one.

Here is a web site for trail camera review.:

http://www.whitetaildeer-management-and ... views.html

I have a brother that has a Leaf River IR 3 or something like that and he read the review here and said it was right on.
the people in my family have all really liked the pics I get from may first build. Sony S40 with a Yeti board fast hack. I have posted some of the pictures before will post some here. My build has about a 2.5 second picture time. I put exturnal batteries in the unit so the batteries last a long time. I had over 500 pics on the first set of batteries before I changed them outand the camera was still taking pictures and I have my camera set up you a flash with every picture.
I have $130.00 in my first build and that includes :
Camera
Control Board
Recharge batteries
Mem Card for cam
Water proof box.
Lens and glass for box
5/16 python lock cable
tube for lock cable
I'm in the market for people to help me with my hobby. I just need the money and I'm willing to build the cameras for you.

A few pics.Image
This deer is about 30 feet away from the camera.

This buck is about 6 feet from the camera.

This is one wet coon .
This doe has a problem with her back left foot.

More turkeys
[/img]
JBO

Trail cameras

Post by JBO »

I have 4 cuddebacks three no flash and I think the other one is the excite. I really like them but I don't use half of them. Anyone interested I'll sell one no-flash for 325.00 and the one excite for 200.00 plus what ever the shipping is from Wisconsin. I think I have a couple Flashcards that I'd throw in, not sure what size they are 256 or 512 they're up north.
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

I picked up 2 used Sony P-41 cameras for $39 each. The kits for $125 are a deal. Those Sony are in demand for trail cams and hard to find.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Where did you find the P41's ? What a great price too.

I would love to find one of them at that cost. maybe in a month or two thou. my wife is just about to kill me after I bought a P32 off ebay I have less than $ 48.00 in it and that a very good deal for that camera.

What kits and boards are you going with ?

Are you going to do some 3-D camo ?

Are you going to put External batterys in for longer life ?

I plan on building this P32 as a white flash for now than maybe at Christmas take it a part and getting the 4 piece IR kit from White Tail Suppy and maybe put a slave flash with it.

How many cameras have you built so far ?
Enjoy I know I do.
gad

Post by gad »

I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED