Opinions Please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8up

Opinions Please

Post by 8up »

I'm have been hanging treestands this week and have a few to go this coming week.

"In your opinion" will a ladder stand be more likely to be avoided by older bucks than a lock on and climbing sticks in the same area?

My dad seems to think so. But with stands going up 4 months before season I think they will be use to it as any other thing.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

i would say a few months is plenty of time to let the deer get use to your stands in your area
cdup

Post by cdup »

From my experience it doesn't matter if it's a ladder stand, as long as u have coverage around the stand to break up your outline. I have taken two nice wall hanger having moved stands the week before. Entrance and timing your hunt for that stand is what makes it a success.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
mikej

Post by mikej »

you are exactly right in my opinion i only shoot bucks with the bow with the rifle i shoot bucks and does and i have shot mature bucks with ladder stands most of them only put up a month or 2 before they get used to it being there
Last edited by mikej on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

4 Months is plenty of time for the Deer to get use to it in my opinion :)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

No matter what kind of stand I hang the big bucks seem to avoid it,I must be using the wrong stands LOL :shock: :( :(
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I followed a buck track on a new property that I hunted last week right up to a farm house and right by (almost under) a ladder that had been leaned up against the side. I think they will get used to it.

F