Grim Reapers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onmedic

Grim Reapers

Post by onmedic »

Sorry if this topic has already been covered to death, haven't been on in a long time.
I struggling with some sort of injury while shooting my compound. Not sure if its directly related or just agrivating some other problem . Either way i'm looking at some options to keep shooting and hunting and not interested in using gun unless i absolutely have to.
Looking at a phoenix package, which seems very reasonably priced locally and has tons of kick at just over 300fps.
I have grim reaper that i shoot out of my bow. 100grn, amazing head. Does anyone shoot them out of their xbow. Just wondering if the initial punch out opens them in flight. I also have 100grn spitfires which i used to use as well. Same question. I would be shooting carbons.
And, by the way any offers on bowtech 82nd 2008!!!!!, like stinking new :(
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine
"Beasleys" Canada In The Rough
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Oops.. That was supposed to be a PM..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

whats wrong with "rage"
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

nothing, had a guy heading to California for a turkey hunt, yup, california. I had them, he needed a rest set up on his bow and they were there. I sold them to him for his trip.
watched a video at a trade show this spring and man what a head, going to try them. We saw how quick the rage put that bear down last year but these things are supposed to be even meaner. the reaper is supposed to be built just a bit tougher.
Not sure whats wrong with my shoulder, neck, nerve whatever yet. Need some rest from shooter.
How many turks did you nail this year?
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
mikej

Post by mikej »

the spitfires won't open they work good
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You might just want to paper test the broadheads just for fun. I have not tried the grims, but, I like their looks.

I have shot the spitfires and had mixed results on opening in flight. The spitfire mags did not open. These are extremely accurate broadheads. If I were going to use the regular spitfires, then I would use a rubberband(just one) on them.

I like the rubberbands better than the o-rings. I use the rubberbands the kids were using with the braces on their teeth. They work great.

I also like the wider cut blades. I've had much better experiences with deer dropping a lot faster with a 2" wide, 3 blade broadhead.

I shoot the Exomax at top speeds. So, my experience may not compare exactly to yours.

Don't sell the compound yet . . .rehab the shoulder first. However, you will greatly enjoy the Xbow.

Welcome. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

2,got one for you to measure for frow,101/4",11/8",1!/8".the other one a bit smaller.start pulling rubber bands so you can crry some bears out.McL. will give you a good deal on your bow ha! take care.
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

nice Bill bird, switch it to decimal and thats the score, no weight for Ontario. I'll score it if you pick up your two monster racks.
Man is your mug going to be popular in the book next year. Not sure what the cutoff will be for the book. Probably the end of hunting season this year.
speaking of bear, send me a pm or call me at some point. May get me at home, may not, wife if going to deliver any minute.
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW