Boo string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DH

Boo string

Post by DH »

Can anybody recomend which version of a Boo string I should order, I see he has a few different versions with strand counts and what not. I'm shooting an Equinox.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

This depends on your shooting preference. If you like fast speeds, then the thinner, Xcel is the best. However, if you like a smooth shooting string, then the 40 strand dacron is the best. Boo doesn't make a low quality string . . .all of them are very well made. After shooting a lot of different strings, I'm leaning toward the thicker dacron. I lose a few FPS, but, I get a smooth shooting bow. I can afford to lose a few FPS with the Exomax.

Just send Boo an email describing how you like to shoot and let him make a recommendation. If you want the fastest or the smoothest or something in the middle. He can explain the differences in string better than anyone.

His email . . . [email protected]
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DH

Post by DH »

Thanks sumner. Actually I did pm Boo, just waiting for his reply but I thought I would throw this question out here and what all others prefer.
DH

Post by DH »

What nobody has any opinions on which version to buy ? :shock:
mikej

Post by mikej »

i haven't tried on yet but plan to this fall and will be going with a 40 strand string with a set of whiskers on it
mikej

Post by mikej »

i ment i haven't tried one yet
Normous

Post by Normous »

I prefer the 34 or 36 strand bundle with Halo serving and whiskers.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

enormous wrote:I prefer the 34 or 36 strand bundle with Halo serving and whiskers.
Me too, although I don't get into the stands portion of it all. I found his Flemish twist Excel w/ served whiskers only cost 8-9 fps from either his or factory FFF. Much more pleasant to shoot, imho.
"Eze 18:21"
8up

Post by 8up »

I have his 44 strand with whiskers and still shoot 300fps with a GT Lazer II and 100gr tip. This is with a Vortex. It shoots a lot smoother, quieter and with less shock than the original string. My accuracy also improved and groups tightened up. I also reccomend getting an STS setup if you dont have one.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Michael Stogre

Boo's string

Post by Michael Stogre »

I'm also using the Flemish twist Excel with served whiskers coupled with an STS dampener system. By the way I am well over 100 shots with the first set of rubber bumpers.
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)