Boo Custom strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Boo Custom strings

Post by Boo »

Between my business, cottage time, my hobbies and my tennis elbow I have to tell you guys that I am not taking anymore orders until I catch up. This will probably be for a month because it seems like I am about that far behind. As soon as I catch up I'll start taking orders again. Hopefully sooner than a month.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hope you get feeling better Boo :) Keep on makeing them Great Strings my friend :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Hope you take care of that elbow.
Going to need a spair string for hunting season.
:lol: :lol:
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Tennis elbow?

Rub it three times daily with Absorbine Horse Liniment.

Not teh human stuff - Absorbine Jr.

http://www.horse.com/Horse-Health-First ... BCA40.html

I sprained my ankle badly about a week before going elk hunting and this worked wonders for me.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hey Woody . . .what are some of the side effects?? :shock: :lol: :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

sumner4991 wrote:Hey Woody . . .what are some of the side effects?? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Not much except I now like to graze in the back yard.. ;)
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

My Doc said it's also known as beer elbow :D :D
Stash

Post by Stash »

Perhaps the time has come to take on an apprentice, oh great String Master... :D
Wayne B

Boo String Strech

Post by Wayne B »

I'm sorry, I've been delinquent.( Had to look up the spelling for that word) But I've had my Boo string and my Vortex for a month or so. I finally got everthing together and started to sight it in. Number one.. I made a target from the materials at work which was a 2 foot by 2 foot beadboard cube but it isn't going to do the job. The arrows went in half way into the fletch and were really hard to remove. Jig-a-loo was awesome, to remove them, but they just went in farther. Number two... Zeroed the scope in perfect, and have shot about 25 arrows. The string has stretched some so I gave it a couple more twists to bring it back to about 1 1/8 inches from the front. Everything looks great, but I was wondering from everybody else's experience, how many shots will it take to relax the string?
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It takes between 150-250 shots. Depending on the thickness of the string and the string material.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Woody are you serious?
The tendinitis I think is from shooting my Trad bows. I was shooting 60 to 90 shots a day from a recruve. In the past two weeks I only shot about 100 shots so it is getting better. Serving cat whiskers was getting painful because I have to put in a lot of muscle on the serving to keep them on. Business is thankfully slowing so I'm not so tired when I get home from work. Small problems compared to some others here to be sure!
Much of the profits from string making goes to help others that need the help as well as things like the photo contest. I guess in the end I do it to make me feel good. I certainly hope that other sellers help some others in the end. On the other hand I certainly won't stop selling strings and will let you all know when I've caught up on my orders.
I hope I've shown some class by saying somethings and not saying other things.
Woody, I love this "We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum"
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Hay Boo , that Horse Absorbine really works i have used it several times i have a bottle from my daughter , she works with horses.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
kyteach

Post by kyteach »

Sorry that you are down, Don. I pray your elbow heals soon. Your absence is a great lose to those that demand the best.
Let's be honest here, I, like most of you, invested in my Excalibur because I wanted the Best. I purchased a Groundpounder mount because it is the Best mount for my Exomax. Sure, any of us can buy lowr quality strings from Brazil or anywhere else. But, if you want the Best, then you'll shor a Boo string. Just look at how many memebers for this fourm gave a Bo string. To me it is all about having the Best. Sest bow, Best mount, Best scope, Best string, from a nam that offers the Best in personal service.
Get well soon Don and may God Bless.
Exomax
Groundpounder mount
Boo Custom String
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

xbowking wrote:Hay Boo , that Horse Absorbine really works i have used it several times i have a bottle from my daughter , she works with horses.
I agree on the horse absorbine. We've had horses our whole lives, and wouldn't think about using something else for sore muscles.

Don't wrap it for too long afterwards though, I have no hair growing on my left knee when I kept it wrapped and warm overnight! :oops:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Now are you guys serious??? :D Somehow it seems wrong! :shock: